Ross Barkley

LondonLax

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think Barkley has something to offer to this team and for the right price I would certainly want him. Unfortunately I don't see Chelsea offering him to us for the right price.

Agreed. 

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think Barkley has something to offer to this team and for the right price I would certainly want him. Unfortunately I don't see Chelsea offering him to us for the right price.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Chelsea have money but at the same time need players off the books.

29 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He is a good player!

first game since the turn of the year that he looks physically up to it. Not sure if there was something holding him back but looks miles clearly more fit than he has in the past few games

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Fantastic tonight his one touch passing really kept us moving dictated our tempo, feels good to write something positive about him

He was much better today, and it's good to see, but calling him "fantastic" is being far too forgiving for his shambolic defending for their goal.

If you're put on an England player on a corner, you don't let him roam free.

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

He was much better today, and it's good to see, but calling him "fantastic" is being far too forgiving for his shambolic defending for their goal.

Why was he put on him to begin with? Whoever tripped over Konsa was also at fault, did you actually see the impact he had on the game offensively not having to waste time taking 1 or 2 touches like our other midfielders, quick one touch passes got us up the field quickly 

Edited by gwi1890

I know it's a cliche... But surprised at how many people didn't think he would start given it was everton

Best he's played this year, played alright last week too, its good management from Smith, baggies was an "easy" game (that we obviously didn't win) tonight was vs his old club., now he just need to keep it going for 5 more games 

Just now, lexicon said:

Possibly man of the match today. 

Watkins says hello, but seriously think this has been best game in a villa jersey, had good games before working off jack but this was more standout for me , still wouldn't buy him but well done ross

Have understood the criticism he's received but there's always been a player in there and we saw that tonight (outside of his ability to defend corners...). Honestly think there's more to the story than just his attitude or whatever he's been getting such vitriol for, hopefully this is the beginning of a strong end to the season for him because it evidently makes us a different team when he's on his game.

13 minutes ago, Enda said:

Konsa was marking him and tripped didn't he?

Otherwise its the managements fault for putting a notoriously poor aeriel threat in Barkley on Air-Jordan

Edited by Steero113

Â