Emiliano Martínez

hippo

It’s great to have a keeper that the opposition really have to be clinical to beat. He’s on track to break a premier league record of clean sheets for us.

Slightly off topic but I noticed he said hello to Mac Allister in the tunnel. I though maybe he he must have also come from Arsenal but then I realised during the game he’s an Argentinian international! Good player. 

1 minute ago, colhint said:

Argentina must be special. 

They have Messi and he's not their best player.

Somehow Emi is still uncapped. I can’t see him having to wait too much longer for his debut. 

59 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Somehow Emi is still uncapped. I can’t see him having to wait too much longer for his debut. 

Seriously, Emi at worst he is the #2 keeper in the world right now on form. I was bored silly watching tonight because it was obvious we weren't going to score and Emi wasn't about to let Brighton get a snif. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Seriously, Emi at worst he is the #2 keeper in the world right now on form. I was bored silly watching tonight because it was obvious we weren't going to score and Emi wasn't about to let Brighton get a snif. 

This. I didn't feel remotely concerned he was going to concede. Absolute snooze fest. 

After his first few games I thought he'd made a great start to his career with us but it was just because he was new and no way would he continue to be so good. But, he just gets better and better. 

Finding a good, solid, reliable goalkeeper is like striking oil in football. We've really hit the jackpot with Emi. 

Easily our best signing for many a long time. 

28 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I'm starting to get concerned now he is proving to be our best summer signing teams will come knockin! I really hope we are paying him well!

I am also concerned someone will come in with some ridiculous offer for him(I'm looking at Chelsea tbh), he's just been phenomenal.

He was very good yesterday - the save from the header was excellent, the others were ones you'd expect a premier league keeper to make tbh. We restricted Brighton a lot better than we have done in the past and the chances they had weren't great ones.

Â