Emiliano Martínez

hippo

47 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He's so good at catching crosses.

Think that may be his biggest strength.

I don't think he has a weakness. Can't think of any previous Villa goalie I could say that about. Definitely my current favourite player, Jack included. 

On 07/02/2021 at 14:03, DCJonah said:

Nyland and Reina to this guy. Have we ever improved a position so much with one transfer? 

Maybe Baros to Carew. 

Wesley to Watkins.

Whelan/Jedi to Luiz

Taylor to Targett

Elmo/Guilbert to Cash

Loads to pick from even the last 30 months alone.

On 07/02/2021 at 22:39, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw this, what a guy, really bigs up Ollie as well.

Says he thinks Ollie as been our best signing and praises his workrate.

Encouraging him when he wasn't scoring etc. Says Ollie is hard on himself.

Obviously bigs up everyone else as well.

Seems like a natural leader this one.

Whenever I hear him speak about how he picks up the other members of the team or see him being the one driving getting the team huddles together it baffles me that anyone let this man leave their club. What a bloke he must be to have in the dressing room being that dedicated to bigging everyone else up and trying to create that team spirit

Then throw into the mix he's probably the best keeper in the league at the minute and we've absolutely had Arsenals pants down.

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Get Gareth on the phone to see if he wants to play for England (I assume he's not got an Argentina cap yet and he's been in the country long enough for citizenship)

Ah yes the Argentinians - famous for their love of all things English. I'd say if he did this it would be safe to say he would never be let back into Argentina ever again.:D

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Get Gareth on the phone to see if he wants to play for England (I assume he's not got an Argentina cap yet and he's been in the country long enough for citizenship)

He's talked about his dream of playing for Argentina. I imagine he's not far off his first cap, so I doubt there would be any chance of this happening.

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Ah yes the Argentinians - famous for their love of all things English. I'd say if he did this it would be safe to say he would never be let back into Argentina ever again.:D

I am sure Sky would bring him to then piblicly denounce Maradona while he is given his citizenship from his true football hero Peter Shilton

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

He's talked about his dream of playing for Argentina. I imagine he's not far off his first cap, so I doubt there would be any chance of this happening.

Yeah I get that. Shame really. He should have had his first game ages ago but for some reason they're sticking with a 3rd string GK in Romero.

Also, nice to see a fellow Dudley..ite here :)

3 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Argentina's current first choice keeper must be utterly amazing to keep Emi out of the team.

10 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Yeah I get that. Shame really. He should have had his first game ages ago but for some reason they're sticking with a 3rd string GK in Romero.

Also, nice to see a fellow Dudley..ite here :)

Romero hasnt played since 2018, last squad had both River and Boca goalkeeper in the squad and both in there 30s.might be politics

10 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Argentina's current first choice keeper must be utterly amazing to keep Emi out of the team.

He isnt but they are planning for Musso from Udinese to be the long term No. 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Romero hasnt played since 2018, last squad had both River and Boca goalkeeper in the squad and both in there 30s.might be politics

argentina national team, theres every danger that its politics, its not like those 2 guys are well established either, they have 15 and 4 caps

off wiki in the last year  they've had 4 players over 50 caps, 25 players with 10 or less caps, its not youngsters either, its guys in their late 20s with 6 caps

same old argentina - so hopefully emi knows enough about their set up to know its not who he plays for or how well he plays or even if the manager rates him its who their FA has a hard on for

Â