Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 footed . 15 stone and springs like a cat. Great hands. Quick off his line .brave . And all about the team not about him.He was proper pissed off about how we played. He should expect 3 points if he makes 9 saves in a game cause we have the quality to score. They let Emi down tonight

3 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

After all the talk of giving Grealish a fat new contract, they should maybe be thinking about giving Emi a new contract too. I think he'd be just as hard to replace.

Yep . If we are talking players that could play top 3 across Europe then he is one of two we have. Didnt he sign a short ish contract as well . I think they said 3 years but that might have been paper talk

I keep wondering what the catch is. He’s so good. How has he ever not been first choice for Arsenal or Argentina?! Or at least been picked up by another club before us. 

He’s absolute class and seems like a top bloke, too. 

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

Caught his post match interview

For whatever reason that's the first time I've ever heard him talk, perfect English, very well spoken, honest, he'll end up with the captains arm band at some point 

I imagine a big thing in our clean sheets is his voice as much as his ability

Best keeper for us for decades. Brilliant and totally honest, which I love. He's got a winning attitude that can only be good for our club. I oity the players in front of him when they have an off day. 

Signing of the summer. 

Â