Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Yeah I get that. Shame really. He should have had his first game ages ago but for some reason they're sticking with a 3rd string GK in Romero.

Also, nice to see a fellow Dudley..ite here :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one. To many dogheads round here.

• Like 1

Another season like this and a top club comes in for him imo.

His catching ability alone stops opposition attacks instantly.

The only hope is that we gave him his big chance and he is loyal because of it. He seems to be absolutely loving it.

He strikes me as incredibly loyal . I hope he will be here for many many years whilst also ensuring legendary status. 

The other thing is unless we fall foul of FFP i cannot see us selling a key player unless it is insane money . 

Edited by MWARLEY2
Missed a bit

7 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Another season like this and a top club comes in for him imo.

His catching ability alone stops opposition attacks instantly.

The only hope is that we gave him his big chance and he is loyal because of it. He seems to be absolutely loving it.

Plays for a top club 😉 we are also lucky that the big European teams have the goalkeeper spot nailed down and he wont want to be a No. 2 again

PSG is the only one without a steady keeper, maybe Chelsea but just signed Mendy and need ditch Kepa

Only Chelsea I can see would want to upgrade their keeper, but they've already spent over 20m on Mendy, not to mention the 75 on Kepa. City and Liverpool are set. United have a slightly declined DDG with Henderson in reserve so they should be good. Arsenal...well say no more  :crylaugh: 

Audio:

Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish is ‘Lionel Messi with a right foot’ and the ‘most talented player’ former Arsenal goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez has ever seen

https://talksport.com/football/833327/aston-villa-jack-grealish-lionel-messi-arsenal-emiliano-martinez-arsenal/

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, hippo said:

Never mind Grealish. How many bids will we get for this guy in the summer.

Allison having a mare at Liverpool - and that clubs history of trying to outspend there way to success.....

Not too worried. They just dropped £1.5m on a championship player when in desperate need of a centre half 

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Not too worried. They just dropped £1.5m on a championship player when in desperate need of a centre half 

Exactly but Liverpool aren't good at bargain hunting. Blowing everyone out of the water with a massive budget is what Liverpool are best at.

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Exactly but Liverpool aren't good at bargain hunting. Blowing everyone out of the water with a massive budget is what Liverpool are best at.

Are they not broke? Or at the very least unwilling to spend money? I read somewhere that we are ahead of them over the last 10 windows for net spend. We spent 6 of those windows in the championship. Granted Coutinho accounts for a lot of their incomings but still that doesn’t suggest they’re throwing money around like it’s going out of fashion. 

4 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Are they not broke? Or at the very least unwilling to spend money? I read somewhere that we are ahead of them over the last 10 windows for net spend. We spent 6 of those windows in the championship. Granted Coutinho accounts for a lot of their incomings but still that doesn’t suggest they’re throwing money around like it’s going out of fashion. 

don't know about broke.

wouldn't believe to much about Liverpool's net spend - they buy big and therefore sell big. Bit in general when they need money for reinforcements, it is there in bucketloads

Â