Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I am also concerned someone will come in with some ridiculous offer for him(I'm looking at Chelsea tbh), he's just been phenomenal.

Chelsea have 100 million worth of goalkeepers currently including the world record transfer fee. They wont be coming in for a keeper soon as they cant get rid of Kepa

I was really surprised that we bought a keeper in the summer, given that Heaton was on the mend and we had Steer with cover to get us through until then.  I thought that £17m (or whatever it was) would have been better deployed on an additional CM'er or a striker to compete with Ollie. 

However, Martinez has been one of the best signings Villa have made in years. What a goal keeper.  Second to Ederson in terms of clean sheets but also probably up there on a par with him (and I would have said Becker until his recent brain freezes) in terms of the best keepers in the league and in Europe.  I cannot overstate just how important he is now to this team.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Proves he is appreciated by the club.

Makes me think, are we that much better than last season, or is it our genius goalkeeper Martinez keeping us up there.

i think we are better than last season overall, but i also think we arent as improved as our current position implies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Emi Martinez is the best keeper in the world. Only three who you can argue for is Ederson, Ter Stegan and Oblak. 

Neuer, Szczęsny, Cortouis. There are a fair few "top" keepers, keepers who proved their worth over years of their careers.

Martinez is probably up there on form, but let's appreciate other great goalkeepers out there.

9 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Neuer, Szczęsny, Cortouis. There are a fair few "top" keepers, keepers who proved their worth over years of their careers.

Martinez is probably up there on form, but let's appreciate other great goalkeepers out there.

Neuer hasn't been the best German keeper for a few seasons now, Courtois hasn't been at the same level since moving from Chelsea and Szczesny I believe is not as good as Martinez. Obviously these things change but atm based on this season I believe he's the best in the world along with the 3 I mentioned.

Â