Emiliano Martínez

hippo

13 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Best keeper in the world currently. And probably best GK we've ever had. 

Hard to argue with that on current form.

He is the best keeper outside of Bosnich and Friedal that I've seen at this club..     Oh, and Gabor Kiraly.

• Haha 1

Yep, I’m happy to join the ‘Martinez is the best keeper we’ve had’ posse. I loved Bosnich back in the day, but Martinez is another level. Unless his form takes a massive nosedive, or he gets injured, I can see him being our keeper for many more years to come. I’d trust him with my life, and I can’t see any weakness in his game. 

The dickwads that keep touting our players as sellable items are at it again. Usually Grealish, this time it's martinez.

I read a google story where former Argie international Daniel Bertoni claimed that Martinez should be their country's number one, and also urged the "big" Italian teams to get him signed.

**** off Danny boy.

Did we sign him on 4 or 5 year deal?

Would give him a bumper new deal this summer just to be on the safe side.

His profile is only going to increase worldwide in next 18 months as he's going to be number one keeper for Argentina at next world cup. I'd expect him to be first choice for their games later this month.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Did we sign him on 4 or 5 year deal?

Would give him a bumper new deal this summer just to be on the safe side.

His profile is only going to increase worldwide in next 18 months as he's going to be number one keeper for Argentina at next world cup. I'd expect him to be first choice for their games later this month.

Trust the Argentina set up to go right ahead and pick Willy Caballero or something. Actual ability never seems to be first on Argentina’s list of priorities when picking the team.

• Like 1

Just now, El Zen said:

Trust the Argentina set up to go right ahead and pick Willy Caballero or something. Actual ability never seems to be first on Argentina’s list of priorities when picking the team.

Their number one has been Armani since two games since the world cup but I expect him to be dropped as he made some bad errors for River Plate in Libetadores.

Argentina do actually have a decent selection of keepers around, Musso at Udinese is pretty solid and they keep plenty of clean sheets and Ledesma at Cadiz was good at start of the season but watched him last week v Barca and he was flapping at most crosses.

Would be amazed if Emi isn't playing for Argentina in three weeks. Probably there though is won't he have to quarantine and miss our next league game when he gets back or have the government changed the rules again on that?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

One thing I dont get is that Arsenal saw him in training every day, he finally got his chance last season and was nothing else than fantastic. Then they sell him to us. Arsenal must be mad for real.

200 games between them for Arsenal ;) Luiz has to go & Mustafi isn't at the required level' - Arsenal need  defensive overhaul, says Keown | Goal.com

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

One thing I dont get is that Arsenal saw him in training every day, he finally got his chance last season and was nothing else than fantastic. Then they sell him to us. Arsenal must be mad for real.

There was an interview where Martinez talks about approaching Arteta to talk to him 'as a friend'/'as a teammate', rather than manager-player, to ask him to either make him first choice or let him leave. I don't think the decision was made without quite a lot of sentiment, and Arsenal doubtless weren't expecting to be competing with us for league position all season, making the decision look worse.

• Like 1

Â