Emiliano Martínez

hippo

45 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Neuer hasn't been the best German keeper for a few seasons now, Courtois hasn't been at the same level since moving from Chelsea and Szczesny I believe is not as good as Martinez. Obviously these things change but atm based on this season I believe he's the best in the world along with the 3 I mentioned.

His form suffered during the time he was injured but he's back to where he was now IMO. His performance in the CL final was one of his best that I've seen from him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, a-k said:

Garth Crooks, ladies and gentlemen:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56074334

jennifer lawrence middle finger GIF

In a world of shit, lazy pundits who offer absolutely no insight whatsoever, phone it in week after week just taking a cheque, Garth Crooks is the worst imho.

I reckon I could pick his team of the week purely from looking at the scores and scorers from that round without watching a second, mainly because I'm pretty sure that's how he picks it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

In a world of shit, lazy pundits who offer absolutely no insight whatsoever, phone it in week after week just taking a cheque, Garth Crooks is the worst imho.

I reckon I could pick his team of the week purely from looking at the scores and scorers from that round without watching a second, mainly because I'm pretty sure that's how he picks it.

Didn't he pick someone that didn't even play a few months back?

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Didn't he pick someone that didn't even play a few months back?

He has definitely done this multiple times, he did it with Matip this season. I remember because I had to transfer him out of my fpl team because he was injured. Unfortunately Garth wasn't quite as informed as casual fpl players on the internet. He even described some "scary moments" he'd had in the game.

I would bet money he didn't watch our game against Brighton and just happened to hear someone else praising Martinez.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

What an absolute tool. Probably assumes we're in a bottom 3 battle rather than a top six. Oxygen thief! 

7 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I'm sure there was a poster who suggested his son does it? I'm sure he picked someone who didnt play one week.

Theres almost this belief that it's the role of villa, west ham WTC to act as nursery clubs for the supposed big 4.

Palace haven't sold zaha, west ham haven't sold rice, we haven't sold jack. The worlds changing, theres so much money clubs arent under the same pressure as we were with Milner etc.

Obviously if the player wants to go......

But Emi, to mancity /pool I dont think so. 

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

You don't know me very well do you?

😺

Well I always assumed it was anything with a pulse but you seem to be rejecting Garth Crooks based delights so now I'm confused!

Edited by picicata

6 minutes ago, picicata said:

Well I always assumed it was anything with a pulse but you seem to be rejecting Garth Crooks based delights so now I'm confused!

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Im sick of the media in this country constantly disrespecting this club. Ive never seen anything like it in regards to our players. Anyone working in positions whereby they can print stories or spout off on TV, should know the prestige and heritage behind AVFC and should be building us up instead of trying to unsettle the positive vibes we’ve been trying to establish for over a decade

Stick to debating about Kane needing to leave Spuds for a trophy. 

On 16/02/2021 at 19:45, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Im sick of the media in this country constantly disrespecting this club. Ive never seen anything like it in regards to our players. Anyone working in positions whereby they can print stories or spout off on TV, should know the prestige and heritage behind AVFC and should be building us up instead of trying to unsettle the positive vibes we’ve been trying to establish for over a decade

Stick to debating about Kane needing to leave Spuds for a trophy. 

I'm just sick of the media in this country......period.

Â