Emiliano Martínez

hippo

7 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I was a bit confused when we bid £20 million for a goalkeeper.

Almost breaking our transfer record and spending a large portion of our transfer budget for a keeper just didn't seem like a sensible thing to do.

And that's why I'm not a football manager.

Agreed. I remember thinking it was bonkers we were spending that much on a 28 year old reserve keeper when he'd be warming the bench when Heaton was back. I've learned a lesson or two :D 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

By no means am I saying we have to accept the bid nor that Emi wants away. 

More so that he is just playing so well I'm struggling to think of any GKs who you can say are better than him. That by itself is going to attract the attention of top teams. 

He was at a “top team” for ten years... and didn’t get a sniff in.

Even when he single handedly won them the cup last year, they STILL replaced him...

I think that might be playing on his mind should another “top team” make enquiries because he won’t want to be a benchwarmer again

• Like 1

Up there with Allison . Genuinely worth 60 mill already. Look at the other night . Darlow is highly rated but as a shot stopper.  He panicked when Ollie beat him in the air. No way Martinez would have let that happen. He is brave . He is strong . He leaps like a cat. He always tries to catch the ball rather than punch. Amazing with the ball at his feet and never panics. Can throw the ball over or underarm accurately and with pace and his goal kicking is ace as well. An amazing signing 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2021 at 17:34, Davkaus said:

Agreed. I remember thinking it was bonkers we were spending that much on a 28 year old reserve keeper when he'd be warming the bench when Heaton was back. I've learned a lesson or two :D 

Said it before i was disappointed with this signing. Now i realise Arsenal is just clueless on goalkeepers even Cech looked awful there 

Probably sign Kepa next 😂

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Said it before i was disappointed with this signing. Now i realise Arsenal is just clueless on goalkeepers even Cech looked awful there 

Probably sign Kepa next 😂

I would have thought the same if my best mate wasn’t an Arsenal fan and absolutely gutted they were selling him. He wanted them to keep him and sell Leno instead. A lot of Arsenal fans felt the same way.  To be fair Leno is also a top keeper but Martinez is proving to be one of the best around. 

Â