Matty Cash

paul514

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

He played well no doubt about that. But defensively he still looks very suspect to me. Like when he got booked there was no reason for him to let the ball bounce and run. He was being pressured by a very good player and he let him waltz past. There he should have either controlled it and passed back to martinez or put it out for a throw in.

Aside from that same issues our fbs always seem to have in that he was to narrow for a lot of their crosses on the other side and if they had been a little bit better they would have had a free header at the back post. 

I think that even the very best players have an error or two in them per game. Let's not underestimate the quality of the opposition here either.

This was only Cash's fourth game at this level, and I'm looking forward to seeing him improve further as the season progresses.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

But defensively he still looks very suspect to me. Like when he got booked there was no reason for him to let the ball bounce and run. He was being pressured by a very good player and he let him waltz past.  

Didn't he do the opposite of that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He played well no doubt about that. But defensively he still looks very suspect to me. Like when he got booked there was no reason for him to let the ball bounce and run. He was being pressured by a very good player and he let him waltz past. There he should have either controlled it and passed back to martinez or put it out for a throw in.

Aside from that same issues our fbs always seem to have in that he was to narrow for a lot of their crosses on the other side and if they had been a little bit better they would have had a free header at the back post. 

For the mistakes he made, his defensive recoveries and zonal play out weight that. He’s a massive upgrade in that respect. For a player learning his craft he’s stepping up in the right ways for the most part. 

20 hours ago, Keyblade said:

2nd in the league for interceptions now. You can kind of see why Guilbert has become superfluous. 

exactly. his stats are looking really good. a lot of attacks have been coming down his side as well so he has experienced a bit more pressure and handled it very well imo.

23 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

As far as professional fouls goes his one last night was hilarious. 

Best bit was when one hand didn't quite do it so he lunged in with two hands. 

I’m glad it’s not a red as it was our player who did it, but I honestly think that a blatant foul like that should be a red card regardless of where on the pitch it is.

As the rules stand, it’s a yellow, and therefore it was a good decision.

On 20/10/2020 at 09:22, Thug said:

I’m glad it’s not a red as it was our player who did it, but I honestly think that a blatant foul like that should be a red card regardless of where on the pitch it is.

As the rules stand, it’s a yellow, and therefore it was a good decision.

Yeah agreed. Wouldn’t have been right to be a red card but at that level of blatancy it kind of should be! Hilarious to watch.

It certainly was not his fault that we lost. We had no midfielders today. Trez was nowhere, and Ross completely dross. Mcginn and Dougie was merely simple pawns being left for dead time after time by Klich and Shackelton. Sad that today our midfielders didn`t even reach Leeds 3rd choice defensive midfielder to the knees even.

I was singing Trez's praises last game, how Cash will love having him in front of him.

Not today, he got hung out to dry. 

So much space on the wings he got left exposed time and time again. He didn't cover himself in glory but we gave him no protection what so ever.

Â