Matty Cash

paul514

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I really like him. He’s a definite upgrade in a position that most didn’t think needed it. 

Very fair point actually.  Guilbert/Elmo seemed "fine" for the time being with other areas needing more of an upgrade - but Cash looks the part, absolutely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It could be bollocks but rumours going round social media he has suffered  a serious injury in training 

Hearing it's not that bad. Keeper fell on him in training and his slightly twisted his ankle. Should be okay.

29 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Hearing it's not that bad. Keeper fell on him in training and his slightly twisted his ankle. Should be okay.

hope so, luckily he has some time before the next game....

Small piece on Cash's performances in The Athletic piece, I have to say two stats took me by surprise

Only Allan, Oriol Romeu and Stuart Dallas have won more tackles than Cash (15) this season, 

Only N’Golo Kante (24) has made more interceptions than Cash’s 21 in the Premier League this season

Albeit I saw very little of cash when he was a right back at Forest last season, I did not expect a converted winger to be this solid defensively. As much as I'd like to see him spread his wings, it seems a tactical decision to throw him to the wolves so we can progress play down Jacks wing. There are times when he's clearly over worked and teams might target that as Leeds did to great to success, I do think that despite his reputation Trez needs to be doing more to help Cash. Regardless its been a great start for the lad and I hope he can keep it up this season as his proactive style of defending really does snuff out attacks before they have time to materialise.

On 14/11/2020 at 06:59, Demitri_C said:

His brother has rubbished it saying its nonsense.  Some people  need to get a life making stuff up on twitter to get shares and likes.

Losers

think it was the 'exvillastaff' account that started it that was even tweeting about how funny it was that villa fans believed his nonsense over the summer with #KRO at the end of tweets...yet for reasons unknown idiots still believe the crap he posts

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZL- said:

As much as I'd like to see him spread his wings, it seems a tactical decision to throw him to the wolves so we can progress play down Jacks wing.

Do you think there's an element of teams staying back on Jack's side - doubling up, because of his threat, so all their attacking tends to be down our right, perhaps - rather than our tactics being to throw him to the wolves?

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, blandy said:

Do you think there's an element of teams staying back on Jack's side - doubling up, because of his threat, so all their attacking tends to be down our right, perhaps - rather than our tactics being to throw him to the wolves?

I wouldn't say every team has doubled up on Jack so far (they should do however) but they don't e.g Trent vs him in the 7-2. My comment on our tactics isn't about what the teams do vs us, it's that we choose not to progress play down our right side - which would allow Matty to get higher up the pitch at times and be under the cosh a bit less.

Regardless it's not a criticism, nearly every team has a favoured side at the expense of the other and it is beyond clear that ours is our left. It was more a praise for Matty given his performances despite having a role in our system that puts him under quite a lot of duress.

57 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think so from an opposition viewpoint, we have Jack and Targett who while not spectacular is good going forwards and has bit more experience compared to Cash who is new to the league and Trez who last season was hit and miss with a majority of it being miss

54 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cash in other positions over the next few months.

Having the legs he has is half the battle. I could see him filling in at RW and CM as we try to rest players.

Isn't he a converted right winger?   Playing there should be no problem, though he hasn't shown much going forward so far.   I'm assuming that's because he's being told to stay home more, though, since Targett is always looking to get forward on the other side and Deano doesn't want to get caught on the counter with both FB's way up the pitch.

18 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Isn't he a converted right winger?   Playing there should be no problem, though he hasn't shown much going forward so far.   I'm assuming that's because he's being told to stay home more, though, since Targett is always looking to get forward on the other side and Deano doesn't want to get caught on the counter with both FB's way up the pitch.

I think it has more to do with who is playing in front of him on the right...  Trez works hard, but isn't really a consistent attacking threat to teams.

The boy has the energy of a pup on Red Bull!  Energy that is as infectious as it is merciless.  Like a right back Vardy.  Cash is everywhere.  Incessant, demanding, indefatigable.  I really like him.  There's also a sense of responsibility and discipline about him too though.  Your average sheep-herding all action Action man can get a bit carried away with yapping at the heels of his foes.  Crazy handball aside, he seems a sensible lad who knows not to get too carried away his considerable motor.

And I think he can definitely go up a gear or two.  I feel as we get better, or hopefully as we stay comfortable with how good we can be, Cash will get better too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Again gets caught inside leaving the winger free behind him, did this against Southampton and now again today, sick of seeing him and Targett so far inside 

It looks like they are instructed to do it. Get more bodies into the box to defend the cross. Looks tactical to me. Though, it heavily relies on the midfield tracking back to support them and that was missing a lot today.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â