Matty Cash

paul514

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Got done all game by Harrison when we played Leeds, today he’s been even worse, topped it off with that handball for there 3rd as he was in the wrong position as came far to much inside when Walcott was behind him, even with there 4th he allowed ings to get it onto his right foot and to cut inside

El Mohamady should have played imo. Elmo is solid and experienced. We need to take some pressure of Cash after his last games. He is young and new to the PL, he will be up and down and will need time to learn. We can't really afford to just throw him out in the water learning to swim by himself.

He has shown enough to convince me that he can be a really good player, but he needs to be bedded in.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 2

Defensively not too good and not the first time - maybe ok further up front wide but he is not good enough as a right back - too often out of position ; early days for him at this level and he may adjust in time though 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 15:14, Eastie said:

Defensively not too good and not the first time - maybe ok further up front wide but he is not good enough as a right back - too often out of position ; early days for him at this level and he may adjust in time though 

I think it has been a common feature of our full backs for some time......ottomh, i think wilfred Bouma was one of the last defending full backs.

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Beast defensively when he squares the opposition player up. He's a bit hesitant to get forward but hey defenders defend. I'm fine with that.

tbf he has only played 7 premiership games in his career, i think on balance, he is doing brilliantly, once he settles and gets more comfortable, im sure we will see the forward play he is also known for.

• Like 1

I was just about to mention that I'm a bit surprised to have seen pretty much none of his attacking side for us yet. I think it's clearly a system thing as Trez and Cash do the hard work on the right while the left side seem to have that attacking freedom.

It's obviously working a treat for us so far so no need to change anything but I look forward to the game when we see what he's about going forward, he could be just as useful as Targett in that sense. 

Gave him motm. I thought he's had a thought time recently so his performance today had alot of impact on the game. Although he obviously flouted lockdown rules in not observing social distancing. 

Let Aubamayang go now Cashy eh?

Really good overall.

Can't remember the score, but he flew in on someone up in the Arsenal half and it was a really poor challenge. I panicked because a fraction later and a card was definite and the colour was up for debate. He's done it a few times now and I hope he doesn't get caught out.

Even though I think it was at 1-0, it felt like the only way Arsenal were getting back into it was a red on our side.

Thought he was good again last night (lets face it, everyone was) but I was just looking up some stats relating to Ollie Watkins' work rate and noticed that...

...Matty Cash is currently 1st for Interceptions/game and 6th for tackles/game in the Premier League.  Impressive!

Another game where our right hand side took the brunt of the attacking from the opposition.

Another game where Matty Cash handled it with ease.

On paper that should have been a tough evening against Aubameyang but he shut him down for 90 minutes.

I think with the upcoming fixtures we will see a bit more of Cash in advanced positions now.

18 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Really good overall.

Can't remember the score, but he flew in on someone up in the Arsenal half and it was a really poor challenge. I panicked because a fraction later and a card was definite and the colour was up for debate. He's done it a few times now and I hope he doesn't get caught out.

Even though I think it was at 1-0, it felt like the only way Arsenal were getting back into it was a red on our side.

I've noticed this too, he seems to love a Ben Mee style "leave one on them" kind of tackle and he needs to cut that out or he's going to either seriously injure someone or get a red card. 

Aside from that I think he's been decent, not spectacular, not bad, around a 6-7/10 so far and room for improvement 

53 minutes ago, weedman said:

I've noticed this too, he seems to love a Ben Mee style "leave one on them" kind of tackle and he needs to cut that out or he's going to either seriously injure someone or get a red card. 

Aside from that I think he's been decent, not spectacular, not bad, around a 6-7/10 so far and room for improvement 

He is definitely going to get a red at some point.  Aggressive defenders will collect the odd red card. I honestly don't see a problem with it. We were soft as a wet paper bag last year. Glad to see we have a bit of an edge about us this season. 

• Like 1

Â