Matty Cash

paul514

I was upset at signing him when we had Guilbert,  who I rated more than the average it seems.  I thought we'd have been better served getting a new, and better, left back and having Guilbert at right back. I'm happy to retract those comments.

If we'd missed out on this guy,  and he was delivering those stats for someone else there is no way he'd ever have put a villa shirt on in the future and we'd be a lot worse off for it. Fair play to our owners, Dean, our DoF, and anyone else who had a hand in this.  I won't question your logic again... probably.

Also, conversely to the trend of other teams' fans who think we were crazy spunking so much on championship players, it makes me happy that we've both shared our premier league millions further down the league table, and also that we've predominantly bought English talent that will serve the country well in years to come (despite my best efforts I do still care how England do on the world/European international stage).

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Still too early to judge how good he is, i like his energy and tenaciousness though, that is evident already.

I agree it is too early but the early signs are really good, I admit I didn’t see the sense in signing him over Aarons but he has proven to be better than what I thought he would be.

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Nottingham Forest were in the mix for promotion last season. Since selling Cash they have lost all four matches thus season and sacked their manager 😳

Strangely enough, I got into a bit of a twitter spat with a Forest Fan which turned into about 50 Forest fans piling in on me. It started by someone saying they'd had our pants down and that he was quality and their best player but that the 16m would be reinvested and they'd be stronger for it. I merely pointed out that very rarely do teams improve when they sell their best players. Leicester seem to be an exception to that rule. 

If we continue the form we're in now and we finish in the top 10, how much is Cash going to be worth? 25m? 30m? 16m is a steal for a player if you've scouted him correctly and you know he'll adapt to this division. 

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Strangely enough, I got into a bit of a twitter spat with a Forest Fan which turned into about 50 Forest fans piling in on me. It started by someone saying they'd had our pants down and that he was quality and their best player but that the 16m would be reinvested and they'd be stronger for it. I merely pointed out that very rarely do teams improve when they sell their best players. Leicester seem to be an exception to that rule. 

If we continue the form we're in now and we finish in the top 10, how much is Cash going to be worth? 25m? 30m? 16m is a steal for a player if you've scouted him correctly and you know he'll adapt to this division. 

55 million to Man City 🤣.

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

i can see there being a decent sized villa contingent in the england set up within the next few years to include jack, ty, konsa and cash. when that day comes, we'll (rightly) laugh off 30m bids.

anyway, less talk of what our players are going to be worth as if we're selling them (not that that's what you're doing) as we're going to be in europe then. the likes of those mentioned above wont want to leave.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Wonder if he'll accept a Poland call up for the Euros next year?

Think that might be in his best interests to be fair. Don't know too much about Polish RBs but think he'd have a good chance of getting into the squad at least. With England he's competing with Trippier, Walker, Alex Arnold, James, Wan Bissaka and now Lamptey who's getting a lot of hype. Gonna be real tough getting a look in with England.

• Like 2

Â