Matty Cash

paul514

I don’t think right back was a massive concern for us but the club saw an opportunity to sign a fantastic player and they didn’t let it slip.  I know I’m getting carried away but we could be looking at England’s future right back. 

edit: I think it’s time to call it a night :)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Brilliant tonight, we've finally found a replacement for the Scottish Cafu

Hutton left way bigger holes in defence repeatedly than Taylor ever has but scored a worldy against Blues.

No surprise our 10 game winning run that led to promotion coincided with him getting injured. Taylor in contrast played 90 mins in the last 9 of that 10 game streak 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Even the Fred lovers have to admit this guy is such a massive upgrade?

What a performace.

Wouldn't go as far as calling myself a Fred lover (I think he's pretty good), but Cash just has that little bit extra. They're both tenacious and physical, like to get stuck into tackles, but Cash seems to have better timing, better judgements, better decisions for when to go and when to hold back. Guilbert would often make spectacular sliding tackles which are impressive, but really a good defender shouldn't need to go to ground so often. Cash has got pace, a consistently good cross and linked up a bit better with Trezeguet today as well. I think he is my candidate for surprise package and next cult hero, taking the mantle from the Scottish Cafu.

I like Guilbert a lot and I would love to see him compete with Cash, because I think they could push each other on. But Elmo is the model pro and a popular figure in the dressing room, and I think he is favoured by Smith for the back-up role. Sad for Guilbert that he hasn't really had a chance to compete, and I wish it were different for him, but that is the Premier League and he has been spat out the other end of it.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think right back was a massive concern for us but the club saw an opportunity to sign a fantastic player and they didn’t let it slip.  I know I’m getting carried away but we could be looking at England’s future right back. 

I doubt that, RB is potentially England's strongest position, with many younger than him. But as long as he’s doing well for us, that’s fine by me 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

think that's a bit hopeful mate. He's been very good so far but there's an embarrassment of riches of English right backs atm so I'd think he would be down the order. though he could be moved to midfield (but we could say that about TAA 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeah I know. I was just getting carried away.  There’s some top English right backs.

Believe it or not, he's actually eligible to play for Poland.  I believe his mother is Polish and he can speak a bit of the language.  He was asked in an interview after he joined us about it and he has confirmed that the Polish national team has reached out trying to get a sense of his interest.  He says it's an interesting proposition, but he hasn't made his mind up yet about which country to declare for.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Excellent tonight. What amazes me is how he whips the crosses in. His technique is fantastic. 

Indeed, there was one where the angle looked ridiculous and On seeing him look up I was thinking "Surely he can't"!

It's almost as if his foot wraps around the ball with power and accuracy.

8 hours ago, KMitch said:

Believe it or not, he's actually eligible to play for Poland.  I believe his mother is Polish and he can speak a bit of the language.  He was asked in an interview after he joined us about it and he has confirmed that the Polish national team has reached out trying to get a sense of his interest.  He says it's an interesting proposition, but he hasn't made his mind up yet about which country to declare for.  

Love me a bit of Mateusz Gotówka :) 

• Like 1

Honest review, looked class going forward, put in a couple of beautiful crosses, worked his socks off, busted a gut to close players fown and hustle them.

Lets be real though, some of his tackles were ropey as hell, which is a minor thing, but against better opposition if he isn't careful they will get him sent off with two yellows.

Still a great performance though, if we had a player of his calibre at left back I would be very happy.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Honest review, looked class going forward, put in a couple of beautiful crosses, worked his socks off, busted a gut to close players fown and hustle them.

Lets be real though, some of his tackles were ropey as hell, which is a minor thing, but against better opposition if he isn't careful they will get him sent off with two yellows.

Still a great performance though, if we had a player of his calibre at left back I would be very happy.

How Cash didnt get booked is beyond me. Atleast 3 fouls that all qualified for a yellow

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

Great performance Matty. The energy and tenacity of Guilbert combined with the crossing of Elmo going forward.

It's what happens when your budget increases for Quality.

How many times last year were we saying of certain players ( If only they had the attribute of player x in the squad and vice versa, they would be a great player )

It means we can buy more complete players instead of mismatched jigsaw pieces.

• Like 2

Â