Matty Cash

paul514

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Think that might be in his best interests to be fair. Don't know too much about Polish RBs but think he'd have a good chance of getting into the squad at least. With England he's competing with Trippier, Walker, Alex Arnold, James, Wan Bissaka and now Lamptey who's getting a lot of hype. Gonna be real tough getting a look in with England.

Lamptey is looking best of the lot to me. Tho have to say super impressed with Cash, becoming a favourite player. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 19:09, VillaFaninLondon said:

Think that might be in his best interests to be fair. Don't know too much about Polish RBs but think he'd have a good chance of getting into the squad at least. With England he's competing with Trippier, Walker, Alex Arnold, James, Wan Bissaka and now Lamptey who's getting a lot of hype. Gonna be real tough getting a look in with England.

Athough as a RB, you have as much chance of making the England team as anyone else. Don't they play 5 RB's per game these days?

• Haha 4

On 11/10/2020 at 20:09, VillaFaninLondon said:

Lukasz Piszczek, the Dortmund player, recently retired from international football. Since then, their first choice RB has been Tomasz Kedziora (Dynamo Kyiv), although Bartosz Bereszynski (Sampdoria) has also started at RB.

Is Cash better than those two? I can't answer because I've never heard of them before...but, I would surmise that if they are integral parts of the squad then they might be hard to displace, especially since Cash doesn't speak the language and there could be communication problems, even if a few of the current squad have or are currently played in England.

15 minutes ago, a-k said:

Lukasz Piszczek, the Dortmund player, recently retired from international football. Since then, their first choice RB has been Tomasz Kedziora (Dynamo Kyiv), although Bartosz Bereszynski (Sampdoria) has also started at RB.

Is Cash better than those two? I can't answer because I've never heard of them before...but, I would surmise that if they are integral parts of the squad then they might be hard to displace, especially since Cash doesn't speak the language and there could be communication problems, even if a few of the current squad have or are currently played in England.

The only reason Kędziora plays RB is because the manager is stupid and sticks Bereszynski at LB because he doesn't like Rybus from Lokomotiv.

Bereszynski is very good, but not much different than Cash in my opinion. He is the smarter player, but Cash has a better engine and will improve more.

19 minutes ago, a-k said:

I remember Piszczek was very good. Don't know much about the other two. Sampdoria are a pretty average team in Italy, didn't have the best of seasons last year. I agree that if Cash doesn't speak the language it could be difficult (might be worth him learning it), but if he keeps up his good start and we have a good season I imagine he would have a chance. Sure Poland would come calling if that were to be the case. 

On 11/10/2020 at 19:28, Tommo_b said:

Lamptey is looking best of the lot to me. Tho have to say super impressed with Cash, becoming a favourite player. 

Still think it's Arnold's to lose given he's only just turned 22 and his attacking play and technical ability are ridiculously good, even if his defending isn't all that.

35 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Still think it's Arnold's to lose given he's only just turned 22 and his attacking play and technical ability are ridiculously good, even if his defending isn't all that.

I've personally never seen him impress for England (same with Sancho), although I try not to judge them too harshly as generally the whole team looks shite and it's hope Kane & Sterling grab a couple of goals.

That cynical short-pulling for the yellow card.  Needed someone with those sort of smarts for a while.  

Whilst i'd prefer if no-one did it, every other team does, so its about time we caught up with the modern game.

• Like 1

Â