Matty Cash

paul514

22 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

You’d think they would see this for themselves on the pitch and move wider, I used to play right back for the district as a kid, we was always told to keep so far away from the centre backs, It’ll be the same against wolves and there wingers this wkend both will be on top of Konsa and Mings, when they have traore and Neto who always hug the touchline 

Different levels tbf.

One thing I was thinking about was that this might be a remnant of Smith coaching in the Championship and below, where wingers aren't as good as and are less likely to do something magical/skillful - so one play is to push inside and cover the box, thus making it harder for the winger to find his man. The quality in the prem is such that the extra space granted is dangerous to a player with the skill level to exploit it, so the tactic doesn't work as well. 

I dunno, just a theory. 

35 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

You’d think they would see this for themselves on the pitch and move wider, I used to play right back for the district as a kid, we was always told to keep so far away from the centre backs, It’ll be the same against wolves and there wingers this wkend both will be on top of Konsa and Mings, when they have traore and Neto who always hug the touchline 

Wolves will play like Leeds and over load the wings, will push the wing backs right up too and with neves and moutinho they can switch it wide really quickly 

Nuno has smiths number imo cash will have a really difficult game 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He has saved us by coming inside to cover more times that it has cost us.

I can think of 3 goals we have conceded down to Cash being too far inside and leaving the man free behind him, Ings at home, March for Brighton and West Ham’s 2nd, he keeps on doing it every game 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Wolves will play like Leeds and over load the wings, will push the wing backs right up too and with neves and moutinho they can switch it wide really quickly 

Nuno has smiths number imo cash will have a really difficult game 

I hope Smith chooses to park the Bus against Wolves. It's the only way I can see us winning which is alot of counter attacking against a Wolves side who as you say will overload in attack on the wings and burn them selves out trying to attack us. We should hoofball for most of the match unless we can actually make a counter attack work,  then in the second half just let RIP with whatever we have left.

Forgot what article it was but it was about us and how were bucking a trend of not playing  to what other teams are expecting of us to do which is to send everyone out and go retrieve the ball as often as possible. I think we could make Wolves work against themselves and if Smith is tactically astute then we could certainly come out with all three points. It doesnt help that were a man short, that we need Barkley big time for a game like this and I would not play Conor of Ghazi and hand Ramsey his first appearance against Wolves this year.

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Still don’t know why Cash was booked. We will miss him against Burnley on Wednesday. 

Took a man out off the ball. Surprised Mike Dean didn’t give him red.

I’m messing with that last comment, but Mattie is the first player in the league to pick up five bookings. Needs to watch it.

Â