Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

52 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Over on the Werder (Worum) forum they are questioning why Rashica would move to a small club like Villa which is unstable and battling relegation.

I don't like them anymore...

Ahem. Small club??? Remind me how many European Cups they have won?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

WB have won a lot of stuff more recently than us tbf, and I think they won a European mickey mouse thingy in 93 or something. Either the UEFA cup or the cup winner cup methinks. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

WB have won a lot of stuff more recently than us tbf, and I think they won a European mickey mouse thingy in 93 or something. Either the UEFA cup or the cup winner cup methinks. 

They also reached the Uefa cup final in 2009, year we threw it in Moscow. Had a brilliant team in those days but like us sold them all in last decade and replaced them with s***.

They're actually a very similar sized club to us in Germany, have similar support levels.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Over on the Werder (Worum) forum they are questioning why Rashica would move to a small club like Villa which is unstable and battling relegation.

I don't like them anymore...

Irrespective of how ignorant of us that comment is.  The answer is

Anthropomorphic I Get Money GIF by Justin

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

1 they've won 1, and they've also won a ton of domestic stuff and competed in Europe far more than us.

Doesn't make Villa a small club but they've had far more success than us in the last 30 years.

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Doubt he ever was.

Fact is that we don’t know.  

The kid is assessing his options and rightly taking his time to make a decision. It’s not as simple as changing teams, it’s changing countries and environments as well and to a team that just survived relegation.  

Maybe he’s also waiting to see what we do about Jack re ambition never mind whether RB increase their bid.

I do find it funny how people dismiss clubs as football very much goes in cycles. I mean, I'm sure when Robinho went to City Real fans were saying why the f*** would he go there. Yes City had money but they had no right to attract someone of Robinho's reputation. The same when Neves went to Wolves or Boro signed Juninho. It's the ambition and goals of the football club that's important, not their current status in the game imo. That's why I find it hard to accept when we only sign our second or third choices, because something is going wrong in convincing the player of the nature of our goals.And actually we're a bigger club than all those three football clubs let's be honest (though City have probably overtaken us now).

Werder Bremen like us have regressed in the last decade, but they've managed to avoid relegation  and have kept themselves midtable for most seasons. And they've won a top flight title more recently than us and have been blessed with watching the likes of Diego, Mezut Ozil and Kevin de Bruyne relatively recently. So aren't really a small club.

I don't accept we're a small club anyway, we've won enough trophies to prove otherwise, but for a club our size we do seem to have a small club mentality. I really do hope that changes because it's been a long time since we've competed for the top players.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Tired with the Rashica saga.

What I really want now.

We buy someone better than Rashica.

Leipzig do not stump up the cash to buy him.

He has to remain in Werder Bremen.

You don't know anything about what's happening, yet you've decided this? Bit strange.