Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

25 minutes ago, rayk said:

Maybe the death knell on the Rashica transfer know is that Austria has been added to the COVID self isolation list by the UK.

Not sure when the WB pre-season kick around in Austria ends but I think it makes any transfer that more unlikely....as I also think it gives Rashica  more time to hold out for a RBL transfer.

They’ve got til 4am to get him in. Your time has come again @thetrees 

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Just a reminder to our good friends at Werder Bremen that are with us of who we are.  :wave:

VillaParkGeneralPicMain.ashx?mh=720&mw=1

Aston Villa Football Club is an English professional football club based in Aston, Birmingham.

We compete in the Premier League, the top tier of the English football league system. Founded in 1874, we have played at our home ground, Villa Park, since 1897. Aston Villa are one of the founder members of the Football League in 1888 and of the Premier League in 1992.

Villa are one of only five English clubs to have won the European Cup - 1982.

William McGregor, A Scottish association football administrator in the Victorian era who is regarded as the founder of the Football League, the first organised association football league in the world.

McGregor.ashx

McGregor became involved with local football club Aston Villa, which he helped to establish as one of the leading teams in England. He served the club for over 20 years in various capacities, including president, director and chairman. In 1888, frustrated by the regular cancellation of Villa's matches, McGregor organised a meeting of representatives of England's leading clubs, which led to the formation of the Football League, giving member clubs a guaranteed fixture list each season. This was instrumental in the transition of football from an amateur pastime to a professional business.

McGregor served as both chairman and president of the Football League and was also chairman of The Football Association (the FA).

The rest is History...

Honours.png

We are now owned by these two gentlemen...

Pic3Web.ashx?mh=720&mw=1280&hash=7225D40

Nassef Sawiris     &     Wesley Edens 

If in doubt of who they are then a quick online search will tell you why we are going from strength to strength as a football club, whilst keeping hold of our top players.

Hope this helps...

That is so brilliant. A like does not do it justice.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I have no dog in this fight and this is very off topic but TRO I would just say 90% of the world’s problems right now are down to idiots having conviction in their ill-informed opinions!

From a football perspective of course it’s not that big a deal.

exactly, its a football forum, i was just defending someones opinion....not world peace.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Ye I don't think we'll sign him either way. 

based on what?.....just kidding, finished that saga.

Edited by TRO

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They're not going to not sign a player just because he has to isolate for 2 weeks.  It's going to be a 4 or 5 year deal.  If they want him this won't even come onto their thinking. 

Players are bought whilst injured and unable to play all the time. 

I’m saying this supposed transfer is now three weeks old....the self isolation requirement should Rashica transfer to Villa may further put off Rashica and he’ll think maybe I wait until back from the Austrian tour and then another couple of weeks to see if RBL come in with an offer.

And maybe by that time we’ve moved on to different targets.

Updated Article from deichstube.de.

Hopefully one of our new friends of Bremen will be able to help out with a more accurate translation. My rough attempt via the DeepL translator is:

Rashica and/or the club are getting really frustrated with RB Leipzig. Negotiations are at a standstill. Rashica is starting to doubt if RB Leipzig even want him. He is determined to test himself in European Competition next year and Aston Villa wouldn't be able to offer this.

RB Leipzig are offering 15m euros + addons. Werder Bremen are holding out for 25m euros, particularly as they've just made a lot of money from their deep run in the Champions League. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Apart from Villa fans (and not many of them, tbh), nobody gives a flying shit about what we did in the 1980s, let alone the 1880s. 

1) if some Villa fans don’t care about what we did in the 1980s that’s very sad by them.  While it is 40 years ago, there aren’t that many teams that have won the top division in  England since and only 22 teams have ever won the European Cup/Champions League and ONLY five English teams......Five!

2) As for other clubs, I reckon while they may not be that bothered there is only half a dozen clubs that have won more trophies than us.  Doesn’t matter when we still have the trophies, a lot of clubs would be envious of that history.

Yea our best days are generations ago but I’ll never not be proud of it and so should ALL Villa fans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wes said:

Updated Article from deichstube.de.

Hopefully one of our new friends of Bremen will be able to help out with a more accurate translation. My rough attempt via the DeepL translator is:

Rashica and/or the club are getting really frustrated with RB Leipzig. Negotiations are at a standstill. Rashica is starting to doubt if RB Leipzig even want him. He is determined to test himself in European Competition next year and Aston Villa wouldn't be able to offer this.

RB Leipzig are offering 15m euros + addons. Werder Bremen are holding out for 25m euros, particularly as they've just made a lot of money from their deep run in the Champions League. 

Sounds like more of the same news...

new girl ugh GIF

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

1) if some Villa fans don’t care about what we did in the 1980s that’s very sad by them.  While it is 40 years ago, there aren’t that many teams that have won the top division in  England since and only 22 teams have ever won the European Cup/Champions League and ONLY five English teams......Five!

2) As for other clubs, I reckon while they may not be that bothered there is only half a dozen clubs that have won more trophies than us.  Doesn’t matter when we still have the trophies, a lot of clubs would be envious of that history.

Yea our best days are generations ago but I’ll never not be proud of it and so should ALL Villa fans.

Spot on.Find it amusing when fans of other clubs tell us to stop living in past.

Why would you want to forget a great history like ours? It’s part of our club we are the Villa we are today because of our past.

Leeds wouldn’t be Leeds without the early 70s.

Wolves wouldn’t be Wolves without the 1950s

Aston Villa aren’t Aston Villa without the 80s

You can’t just drop a period in your history because it doesn’t suit the modern day narrative that Villa are nobodies.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’m saying this supposed transfer is now three weeks old...

Is that it?  Wow. It's felt like a lifetime.

I don't know what the hold up is??.

I had this lad signed 4 weeks ago - and it took less than a day to sign him!

Contract agreed, terms, bonuses you name it... 

...But then I got the sack from Fenerbahçe last week.  🤦‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It sounds like the RB Leipzig deal is completely dead in the water. Their offer was so bad that Werder aren't entertaining bids from them out of principle.

That’s all very well but IF the player doesn’t want to come to Villa everything else is a bit moot.

I mean IF it is true that Rashica has submitted a transfer request I’m pretty sure that has been to try and force through a transfer to RBL.......not Villa as otherwise he’d have been here by now.

As much as I love the idea of him, I’d move on to other targets tbh.