Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

46 minutes ago, sne said:

I think this whole "big club" is a pointless and silly discussion. There are absolutely a few clubs who are big attractive names that can elevate a players stature and their brand if he signs for them. but we are currently not among them. Not even close.

I would guess that most players under 25 outside of the UK would have to google us to find out which town we are from.

It's all about our owners having a lot of money and the club being able to present a interesting project to the agent, advisors and players. Because we are not there yet to be attractive for other reasons. 

As much as we are prone to throw a hissy fit if someone claims we are not a massive club we seem very quick to label other clubs as small, and insignificant. 

As things stand we have been pretty awful for the last ten years, which is a significant amount of time for a lot of young footballers. We appear to have good owners now, and are hopefully on an upward trend but time will tell on that theory. I can’t blame outsiders for thinking of us as a small club to be honest, unless you know the history and have been to Villa Park and BMH you probably only see fans of other teams belittling us.

Plenty of Pro’s and Ex Pro’s have stated they have not realised how big of a club we were until they arrived. I say get him and his representatives over for a tour, that will make their minds up.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

He's just saying what he thinks.....is that strange on a forum?

you don't have to be ITK and have a cast iron opinion.....a gut feeling will suffice.

ps I suspect those chips have a tangy smell of urine on them? 😃

Wow. The other day you said truth was a dinosaur. 🤔

A gut feeling is fine, but do you really go around forming certain opinions based on rumours from infamously unreliable sources, and do you state the unreliable facts with so much certainty as if they're true? Is that really what a sensible person does? How many other things have you approached like this? I can guess a few!

I wasn't going to bite, but I actually had to explain to you the other day that a lot of football news is made up, and you responded as if you were learning something new. 

There's an awful lot the OP might have been wrong about in his assumptions, and I think there's an awful lot you're probably wrong about too by the looks of it! I'm not sure how anyone can be so sure of themselves when they admit they make judgements on 'gut feeling.' You seem to be one of the big players in making the truth a dinosaur—see some of your other recent comments.

All this goes away with a bit of acknowledgement that there are grey areas to things, 'IF he doesn't want to come...' for example, and not being so 100% certain about things without actual real, critically thought through evidence.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, historically both our clubs are massive football clubs. 

But the glory days are simply in the past. Even though, in my opinion Villa would be a good next step for him, I can understand his hesitation. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Wow. The other day you said truth was a dinosaur. 🤔

A gut feeling is fine, but do you really go around making certain opinions based on rumours from infamously unreliable sources, and do you state the unreliable facts with so much certainty as if they're true? Is that really what a sensible person does? 

I wasn't going to bite, but I actually had to explain to you the other day that a lot of football news is made up, and you responded as if you were learning something new.  🤯

I mean, do I have to connect all these dots for you? There's an awful lot the OP might have been wrong about in his assumptions, and I think there's an awful lot you're probably wrong about too by the looks of it! I'm not sure how anyone can be so sure of themselves when they admit they make judgements on 'gut feeling.' You seem to be one of the big players in making the truth a dinosaur—see some of your other recent comments.

• Yeah truth probably is....its mostly fake now, its a business.
  • Opinions are formed by everyone from all sorts of sources not just the internet
  • If you have an opinion, to show conviction of it is a plus for me, no matter where its derived from.
  • The unreliable facts that are delivered with such certainty is a figment of interpretation of the recipient....those same facts could have foundation in the full ness of time.
  • "I responded as if i was learning something new".....I have no idea how my response led you to such far fetched conclusion, but hey, your call.....I am not expert on the media, but I have been well versed in the art of social interaction have run pubs for years and I am not a person who believes everything someone says, so where you got that little chesnut from, I have no idea.
  • what dots are you refering the ones in your head.....I have no monopoly on what is right, I just verse my opinion....I am not sure who is right all the time, or what would prompt such a comment.
  • So you disagree with my recent comments,was my previous ones of the past to your liking then?..... join the club, you are not the only one.
  • Who said judgments are made on gut feel?.....you......I said opinions are made on gut feel, don't change the dialogue to suit your agenda.

ps your "likes" are so predictable to( not your fault by the way)....I'll bet he couldn't wait for this.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Tired with the Rashica saga.

What I really want now.

We buy someone better than Rashica.

Leipzig do not stump up the cash to buy him.

He has to remain in Werder Bremen.

Ok, guys. When I posted this it may have been misconstrued.

It was just about a little bit of karma for Rashica for messing us about, and not entirely serious.

I would not want anyone to think I have a small club mentality, because the opposite is true. As long time supporter, I have been through all the triumphs since 1956, and, of course the bad times.

So if anything I expect more, and believe that, although our glories are in the past, we are still a big club which will go on to better days under these new owners.

I am hoping for the type of signing in this window that will convince Grealish to stay, whether it be Rashica or better.

Hope that clears it up. Aston Villa forever. 👍👍👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:
  • Yeah truth probably is....its mostly fake now, its a business.
  • Opinions are formed by everyone from all sorts of sources not just the internet
  • If you have an opinion, to show conviction of it is a plus for me, no matter where its derived from.
  • The unreliable facts that are delivered with such certainty is a figment of interpretation of the recipient....those same facts could have foundation in the full ness of time.
  • "I responded as if i was learning something new".....I have no idea how my response led you to such far fetched conclusion, but hey, your call.....I am not expert on the media, but I have been well versed in the art of social interaction have run pubs for years and I am not a person who believes everything someone says, so where you got that little chesnut from, I have no idea.
  • what dots are you refering the ones in your head.....I have no monopoly on what is right, I just verse my opinion....I am not sure who is right all the time, or what would prompt such a comment.
  • So you disagree with my recent comments,was my previous ones of the past to your liking then?..... join the club, you are not the only one.
  • Who said judgments are made on gut feel?.....you......I said opinions are made on gut feel, don't change the dialogue to suit your agenda.

ps your "likes" are so predictable to( not your fault by the way)....I'll bet he couldn't wait for this.

I'm sure we'll all agree it's best to make opinions formed on facts, and if not facts the best possible evidence rather than feelings. Can you imagine the chaos in the world if it were otherwise? Scary. 

I guess there's not much more to say than that as nobody really enjoys a long back and forth so let's let the joys of our transfer business wash over us. We have so much, to bathe in.

Maybe the death knell on the Rashica transfer know is that Austria has been added to the COVID self isolation list by the UK.

Not sure when the WB pre-season kick around in Austria ends but I think it makes any transfer that more unlikely....as I also think it gives Rashica  more time to hold out for a RBL transfer.

Edited by rayk

16 minutes ago, rayk said:

Maybe the death knell on the Rashica transfer know is that Austria has been added to the COVID self isolation list by the UK.

Not sure when the WB pre-season kick around in Austria ends but I think it makes any transfer that more unlikely....as I also think it gives Rashica  more time to hold out for a RBL transfer.

They're not going to not sign a player just because he has to isolate for 2 weeks.  It's going to be a 4 or 5 year deal.  If they want him this won't even come onto their thinking. 

Players are bought whilst injured and unable to play all the time. 

• Like 1