Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Anyone remember the heady days of 100 pages for this thread? 

Doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago yet we are already 20% of the way towards 200.

boris karloff frankenstein GIF by Maudit

Because we are all bored and there seems to be no movement on any front. I know behind the scenes there will but for us it’s just a waiting game which we are useless at.

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know what, a year or 2 ago I would agree with this.

HOWEVER. I've now realised that social media and forums are looked at and scrutinised ALOT more now than we may realise.

Bare in mind these are ALL now now, social media and web savvy young guys.

They undoubtedly have a look at our social media info, fan opinions etc.

So while it may not be huge deciding factors, put it this way, some might think, if the fans have no faith, ambition and excitement about their club why should I?

I mean these days even the scummy tabloids scour our forums and social media and turn them into "stories".

Just like any other job, I would be looking into online "reviews" etc to gauge opinions and get a "feel" for the club and environment.

It's the same way people are still baffled that social media posts about players can actually affect them.

Ultimately it's down to the actual club to sell a player their ambitions, but hope you get my point somewhat.

i hope most of these players are also smart enough to do some ACTUAL research into our club.

Spot on JV.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

WB have won a lot of stuff more recently than us tbf, and I think they won a European mickey mouse thingy in 93 or something. Either the UEFA cup or the cup winner cup methinks. 

It was tongue in cheek, but, yes it was the UEFA cup (or whatever it is called now).

But frankly, until they have one of these bad boys in their trophy cabinet, I aint interested!

trophy2_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwi

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know what, a year or 2 ago I would agree with this.

HOWEVER. I've now realised that social media and forums are looked at and scrutinised ALOT more now than we may realise.

Bare in mind these are ALL now now, social media and web savvy young guys.

They undoubtedly have a look at our social media info, fan opinions etc.

So while it may not be huge deciding factors, put it this way, some might think, if the fans have no faith, ambition and excitement about their club why should I?

I mean these days even the scummy tabloids scour our forums and social media and turn them into "stories".

Just like any other job, I would be looking into online "reviews" etc to gauge opinions and get a "feel" for the club and environment.

It's the same way people are still baffled that social media posts about players can actually affect them.

Ultimately it's down to the actual club to sell a player their ambitions, but hope you get my point somewhat.

i hope most of these players are also smart enough to do some ACTUAL research into our club.

Yeah, I'm sure that 12 y.o kid who sent a bunch of racist abuse to Wilfred Zaha didn't help to elevate our image among BAME players.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Just a reminder to our good friends at Werder Bremen that are with us of who we are.  :wave:

VillaParkGeneralPicMain.ashx?mh=720&mw=1

Aston Villa Football Club is an English professional football club based in Aston, Birmingham.

We compete in the Premier League, the top tier of the English football league system. Founded in 1874, we have played at our home ground, Villa Park, since 1897. Aston Villa are one of the founder members of the Football League in 1888 and of the Premier League in 1992.

Villa are one of only five English clubs to have won the European Cup - 1982.

William McGregor, A Scottish association football administrator in the Victorian era who is regarded as the founder of the Football League, the first organised association football league in the world.

McGregor.ashx

McGregor became involved with local football club Aston Villa, which he helped to establish as one of the leading teams in England. He served the club for over 20 years in various capacities, including president, director and chairman. In 1888, frustrated by the regular cancellation of Villa's matches, McGregor organised a meeting of representatives of England's leading clubs, which led to the formation of the Football League, giving member clubs a guaranteed fixture list each season. This was instrumental in the transition of football from an amateur pastime to a professional business.

McGregor served as both chairman and president of the Football League and was also chairman of The Football Association (the FA).

The rest is History...

Honours.png

We are now owned by these two gentlemen...

Pic3Web.ashx?mh=720&mw=1280&hash=7225D40

Nassef Sawiris     &     Wesley Edens 

If in doubt of who they are then a quick online search will tell you why we are going from strength to strength as a football club, whilst keeping hold of our top players.

Hope this helps...

Show that to any other oblivious “top club” fan club who thinks we are in financial trouble 

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

You don't know anything about what's happening, yet you've decided this? Bit strange.

He's just saying what he thinks.....is that strange on a forum?

you don't have to be ITK and have a cast iron opinion.....a gut feeling will suffice.

ps I suspect those chips have a tangy smell of urine on them? 😃

Edited by TRO

36 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Just a reminder to our good friends at Werder Bremen that are with us of who we are.  :wave:

VillaParkGeneralPicMain.ashx?mh=720&mw=1

Aston Villa Football Club is an English professional football club based in Aston, Birmingham.

We compete in the Premier League, the top tier of the English football league system. Founded in 1874, we have played at our home ground, Villa Park, since 1897. Aston Villa are one of the founder members of the Football League in 1888 and of the Premier League in 1992.

Villa are one of only five English clubs to have won the European Cup - 1982.

William McGregor, A Scottish association football administrator in the Victorian era who is regarded as the founder of the Football League, the first organised association football league in the world.

McGregor.ashx

McGregor became involved with local football club Aston Villa, which he helped to establish as one of the leading teams in England. He served the club for over 20 years in various capacities, including president, director and chairman. In 1888, frustrated by the regular cancellation of Villa's matches, McGregor organised a meeting of representatives of England's leading clubs, which led to the formation of the Football League, giving member clubs a guaranteed fixture list each season. This was instrumental in the transition of football from an amateur pastime to a professional business.

McGregor served as both chairman and president of the Football League and was also chairman of The Football Association (the FA).

The rest is History...

Honours.png

We are now owned by these two gentlemen...

Pic3Web.ashx?mh=720&mw=1280&hash=7225D40

Nassef Sawiris     &     Wesley Edens 

If in doubt of who they are then a quick online search will tell you why we are going from strength to strength as a football club, whilst keeping hold of our top players.

Hope this helps...

Your roll of honour (no bap jokes please!) needs updating with the League Cup final runners up in 19/20.

33 minutes ago, sne said:

I think this whole "big club" is a pointless and silly discussion. There are absolutely a few clubs who are big attractive names that can elevate a players stature and their brand if he signs for them. but we are currently not among them. Not even close.

I would guess that most players under 25 outside of the UK would have to google us to find out which town we are from.

It's all about our owners having a lot of money and the club being able to present a interesting project to the agent, advisors and players. Because we are not there yet to be attractive for other reasons. 

As much as we are prone to throw a hissy fit if someone claims we are not a massive club we seem very quick to label other clubs as small, and insignificant. 

I agree.

but in our current position, I think we need a marquee signing to make a statement of intent.

To do that we may have to pay huge wages and break the pay structure, but I think its the only way, otherwise we will keep paying inflated fee's for players not much better than what we have....buy quantity again to cover uncertainty and just whittle money away.

We want allegedly £80 mill for Jack, but because Jack is an academy product it doesn't register as intent to foreign players.....and while I am on that subject, we are almost proving we could not replace that talent.....it would be a travesty if we sell him, he is one of the only bits of attaction to better players we have got.

Its not easy, no one is suggesting it is.....but I think we have to break the mould, to ditch the shackles....I think right now, respectfully, we are acting like a championship team.

Man City, made the change with Robinho and ditched the Bridesmaid tag to United......I think something similar may have to happen to us, if we really want to progress.

• Like 2