Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

I'm not sold on this guy, sure he looks fast, but we have now idea how he would adapt to the Premier League and a new country, too much of a gamble for me. If reports are correct that he is not up for a relegation battle then that's a mentality we don't want at the club. If he comes it's obvious he just sees us a a stepping stone and will leave if he performs. I wouldn't spunk 25% of our reported budget on such a gamble. And if he was such a superstar in the making Bayern or Dortmund would have bought him by now. Much rather we payed a couple of millions more and got Benrahma who would be much less of a gamble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm not sold on this guy, sure he looks fast, but we have now idea how he would adapt to the Premier League and a new country, too much of a gamble for me. If reports are correct that he is not up for a relegation battle then that's a mentality we don't want at the club. If he comes it's obvious he just sees us a a stepping stone and will leave if he performs. I wouldn't spunk 25% of our reported budget on such a gamble. And if he was such a superstar in the making Bayern or Dortmund would have bought him by now. Much rather we payed a couple of millions more and got Benrahma who would be much less of a gamble.

Given the level they have both played at and watching both of them I would argue that Rashica is less of a gamble out of the two by some distance

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Good post, the Benrahma bit excluded. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Excuse Me What GIF

How is Benrahma less of a gamble than Rashica?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Given the level they have both played at and watching both of them I would argue that Rashica is less of a gamble out of the two by some distance

Yeah I haven't seen Rashica live so I'd better reserve my judgement on him, if Smith has watched him and want him I fully trust him. If it's a Suso scouting less so. Just feel after last summers flurry of players new to the Premier League we should focus on players who at least aren't new to the country.

Perhaps you have said it earlier in this thread, haven't read all 100+ pages yet 🙂  but what is your assessment of Rashica?

11 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I mean if this is the criteria, we might as well give up on signing players altogether, or just stick to signing PL cast-offs.  If any league is close to the PL in terms of pace and quality it's the Bundesliga and would represent the least risk, certainly less of a risk than the Championship which is miles behind in terms of quality. Besides, which player worth their salt is licking their lips at joining a relegation fight, especially when they have offers from CL clubs on the table? The type of players who see us as a stepping stone are the caliber of players that we want if we want to move forward, and we've already made it clear it's our model when it comes to signing players. He ticks all those boxes for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Excuse Me What GIF

How is Benrahma less of a gamble than Rashica?

Used to English football, used to the country, used to the language, perhaps doesn't need to move, has his life here. I think the level between top Chamiponship clubs and the Premier League is decreasing, as he has performed constatly in for two seasons in the Championship, or on fact been outstanding, I'm fairly confident he would perform in the Premier League.

Rashica, just the fact that he is young and moving to a new country and need to adapt to English football makes him more of a gamble to me. Could be worth taking, but if he is such a superstar in the making I'm surprised not more teams are after him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I mean if this is the criteria, we might as well give up on signing players altogether, or just stick to signing PL cast-offs.  If any league is close to the PL in terms of pace and quality it's the Bundesliga and would represent the least risk, certainly less of a risk than the Championship which is miles behind in terms of quality. Besides, which player worth their salt is licking their lips at joining a relegation fight, especially when they have offers from CL clubs on the table? The type of players who see us as a stepping stone are the caliber of players that we want if we want to move forward, and we've already made it clear it's our model when it comes to signing players. He ticks all those boxes for me.

To me it's more about finding a balance in the team, had we not bought so many players new to the PL last summer I would be more for it. Generally it takes more time for foreign players to adapt, not sure if we can afford another season of that. Had he been cheaper no problem, but if we are taking about 25% of our transfer budget I'm just a bit sceptic. Hardly know anything about him though, so it was just a thought. Hope he comes here and becomes an instant success! 🙂 

• Like 1

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

To me it's more about finding a balance in the team, had we not bought so many players new to the PL last summer I would be more for it. Generally it takes more time for foreign players to adapt, not sure if we can afford another season of that. Had he been cheaper no problem, but if we are taking about 25% of our transfer budget I'm just a bit sceptic. Hardly know anything about him though, so it was just a thought. Hope he comes here and becomes an instant success! 🙂 

It's just our station as one of the lowly clubs in the league that we have to make signings outside of the box in order to compete. To be fair, a CL quality player from the Bundesliga is about as "inside" the box of a signing we could make while really being able to push on. If we made a bunch of those signings last season we would have been much better off.

Rashica > Benrahma, pace and quality are what we need, this guy has plenty of both and proven in a top league, you can't really ask for much more in our position.

Yes, he'd need to settle, but that's a risk with any transfer, even for players within this country. 

• Like 3