Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Lots of speculation over this lad coming to Aston Villa.

Reported Aston Villa and Wolves target Milot Rashica was left out of Werder Bremen's squad over the weekend "due to the situation regarding a possible transfer".

The 24-year-old has long been touted with a move to the West Midlands over a £33 million switch, the price of his get-out clause written into his Bremen contract which expires in the summer of 2022.

The Kosovan international bludgeoned home 11 goals in just 32 appearances in the Bundesliga and German cup last term - that's despite starring for a side who finished third from bottom.

Exciting Link

• Thanks 2

Wouldn't he be in direct competition for Grealish? What's the point? Surely we have more pressing areas? No point shoehorning Grealish in another position when he's one of the league's best players roaming from the left wing. 

54 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Stinks of Villa’s transfer style. No word until it’s pretty much done. I hope it’s us in pole position for him. 

It reminds me of those links like Coutinho, Alli, and many more when we end up losing out to a (currently) better team.

It'd be lovely if things were different this time. One bigger signing would make all the difference to how appealing we'd be to others.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If wolves are in for him we have no chance

Given a straight choice he’d be more likely to pick Wolves over us, but we have a greater than zero chance of signing him.

It’s 50/50.

Edited by fightoffyour

It is just speculation, he was left out of the squad but there’s no evidence of our interest. The next piece under that one is Birmingham Live quoting HITC, quoting The S*n, to say we might be interested in Buendia if Grealish leaves, maybe. 

Much as I’d love Rashica to come to Villa, it’s unlikely. 

I doubt Wolves will be interested in him they already have Traore, Podence, Jota, and Neto in the wide positions, plus they only seem to spend big on either Mendes clients or players that play for clubs that Mendes has a big infuence over, such as Monaco, Benfica and so on, only exception was Adama, but that was under £20m.

I don't think that there's any real story that we're after him either, just clickbait from the Birmingham Mail using an old rumour from back in January.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Wolves 😂. You really are believing their hype. 

Potential champions league football, world class manager and some players who could be world class within 1 to 2 years (Adama and Jimenez), yep... it's all hype :D 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Given a straight choice he’d be more likely to pick Wolves over us, but we have a greater than zero chance of signing him.

It’s 50/50.

I think I hear a mathematician crying. It's satire right? 😁

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Potential champions league football, world class manager and some players who could be world class within 1 to 2 years (Adama and Jimenez), yep... it's all hype :D 

Jiménez is 29. He ain’t getting much better.  I agree they are unfortunately more than hype though. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because Grealish won't be here?

He will be here.

As I stated in the Grealish thread, I cannot see anyone giving us £80m for him unless Man City, R. Madrid etc do it.

It's more certain him staying than it is leaving.

• Like 2