Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

21 minutes ago, Wes said:

Updated Article from deichstube.de.

Hopefully one of our new friends of Bremen will be able to help out with a more accurate translation. My rough attempt via the DeepL translator is:

Rashica and/or the club are getting really frustrated with RB Leipzig. Negotiations are at a standstill. Rashica is starting to doubt if RB Leipzig even want him. He is determined to test himself in European Competition next year and Aston Villa wouldn't be able to offer this.

RB Leipzig are offering 15m euros + addons. Werder Bremen are holding out for 25m euros, particularly as they've just made a lot of money from their deep run in the Champions League. 

9 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It sounds like the RB Leipzig deal is completely dead in the water. Their offer was so bad that Werder aren't entertaining bids from them out of principle.

Respect to Wes for posting but it does appear to be news of the situation from nearly a week ago that they are only publishing and putting out now.

Things have developed since then as @Okonokos has stated.  :thumb:

• Like 2

Just now, rayk said:

That’s all very well but IF the player doesn’t want to come to Villa everything else is a bit moot.

I mean IF it is true that Rashica has submitted a transfer request I’m pretty sure that has been to try and force through a transfer to RBL.......not Villa as otherwise he’d have been here by now.

As much as I love the idea of him, I’d move on to other targets tbh.

But there's nothing to say he does or doesn't want to come here. There are still no quotes from anyone at all.

He hasn't submitted a transfer request. That is a re-hash. He told Werder he wanted a new challenge before the season had even ended. They knew he was going to leave and Leipzig were the very first team to be interested in him.

The ONLY new development since he was first linked with us last week is that Leipzig are out of the running. They've basically insulted Werder with their offer.

16 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

But there's nothing to say he does or doesn't want to come here. There are still no quotes from anyone at all.

He hasn't submitted a transfer request. That is a re-hash. He told Werder he wanted a new challenge before the season had even ended. They knew he was going to leave and Leipzig were the very first team to be interested in him.

The ONLY new development since he was first linked with us last week is that Leipzig are out of the running. They've basically insulted Werder with their offer.

Werder Bremen chief Marco Bode has now given an update on Rashica, telling Weser-Kurier that the 24-year-old is still expected to leave – but not at any price. 

"Milot has clearly requested a transfer with us. That's why we are not naive and take into account that Milot will not play for us for the whole of next year," said Bode.

Above re transfer request.

Mate, I’m sorry but if Milot wanted to come to Villa he’d be here by now......you don’t need direct quotes to tell you that he doesn’t want to come.

And how on earth do you KNOW that the RBL bid is dead in the water? They’re playing hardball on the transfer fee because they know right now they are the only club Milot wants to go to.

I say we move on to other targets.

Edited by rayk

Just now, rayk said:

Mate, I’m sorry but if Milot wanted to come to Villa he’d be here by now......you don’t need direct quotes to tell you that.

And how on earth do you KNOW that the RBL bid is dead in the water? They’re playing hardball on the transfer fee because they know right now they are the only club Milot wants to go to.

We as in the fans on the forum?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t even care about this signing anymore. The thread has killed it for me. 

I agree. Would have been a fantastic signing but we should just move on.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Mate, I’m sorry but if Milot wanted to come to Villa he’d be here by now......you don’t need direct quotes to tell you that.

Guessing we should just prepare to go into the season as we are then.

Because if this is the universal rule it means NONE of our targets want to come here, or they will have been here already.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Guessing we should just prepare to go into the season as we are then.

Because if this is the universal rule it means NONE of our targets want to come here, or they will have been here already.

My comment was in relation to Milot specifically who clearly wants to leave the club and the club need the money.

With other targets it may not be as clear cut......hence not signed yet.

• Like 1

Meanwhile 

Leeds chief executive Angus Kinnear believes there will be "no challenge" in attracting high-profile players to his club this window. 

He told Sky Sports : "We know that players want to come and play for Leeds United in the Premier League, so I don’t think we are going to have any challenge in attracting the right players.

😀

• Haha 2

Just now, rayk said:

That's a re-hash from the old story that he said to them he wanted a new challenge before the end of the season. It's not a transfer request and he hasn't told them that in the last few days. It was weeks ago.

Also, that's nonsense. How do you know he'd be here by now? There could be all sorts of things holding up the deal. We might not have even agreed terms with Werder yet. Nobody knows what stage any of our transfer deal are at except the people working internally on them at the club.

I know it's dead in the water because Werder's sporting director Frank Baumann has said he's not listening to offers from Leipzig any more. Have a read of the Werder forum. They said that on there days ago.

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Meanwhile 

Leeds chief executive Angus Kinnear believes there will be "no challenge" in attracting high-profile players to his club this window. 

He told Sky Sports : "We know that players want to come and play for Leeds United in the Premier League, so I don’t think we are going to have any challenge in attracting the right players.

😀

Let me be balanced here, and point out that they do have a VERY well respected coach in Bielsa.

Aside from that, I might be leaning towards liking their attitude more than ours where either "We are so shit we can't attract top players" and/or " Oh we are getting another top midfielder in, must mean Kalvin Phillips is off" type attitude.

Deluded or not, it projects a better view and confidence IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

27 minutes ago, rayk said:

That’s all very well but IF the player doesn’t want to come to Villa everything else is a bit moot.

I mean IF it is true that Rashica has submitted a transfer request I’m pretty sure that has been to try and force through a transfer to RBL.......not Villa as otherwise he’d have been here by now.

As much as I love the idea of him, I’d move on to other targets tbh.

To be fair you are just guessing. It sounds like he favours a move to RB over us but the rest is guess work or speculation.