Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Seems the penny is finally dropping. How long did it take you lot? He's always been a shit footballer.

Makes me laugh people think we are supposed to crack top 8 with him as our main striker.You give up all intention of playing quick technical football with him up top.

• Like 1

Can Keinan Davis actually be worse? Watkins has only gone backwards from his first season with us.

Today was utterly appalling. A half-decent striker has a hat trick.

His finishing is like Powerleague level and he thinks in slow motion. I was clawing my eyes out watching today.

I'll defend him at least a bit...

His confidence is shot, has been for a long time, we also set up horribly, in the 44t minute he chased down his own flick on that's how isolated he was, our set up in attack is dreadful

Should have subbed him off, not sure what else has to happen for archer to get a sniff, at this stage I think Watkins needs that kick up the ass as much as archer needs the opportunity

Edit - the other thing is when he first came he showed what made him good, he's a pressing forward... And we no longer press

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I actually thought he held it up o.k today, some really nice flicks first half.

Surely by now people aren't shocked when he dosen't finish one on ones. First half I thought that was tricky but one near end he needs to be burying.

Just a typical Ollie game, he just has limit as striker at this level.

Wonder if he'll move on end of the season. Will have been here 3 years so that stage where we either need to be offering a new deal or decide to cash in while he has reasonable value.

Edited by VillaChris

Â