Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Just now, KentVillan said:

This is the shape that suits him. That was vintage Ollie Watkins. Strong, tenacious, making all the right runs, and holding up the ball intelligently. Also played with his head up and released it - and should have had an assist for the chance JJ fluffed. Superb.

The shape seems to suit most of our players. Hopefully the penny has dropped with Gerrard. 

• Like 1

I said in the match thread that he's been very good the last few games. An absolute nuisance to defenders, they must hate playing against him. Sadly his form has gone a little under the radar because of the poor results.

Either way, he's first name on the teamsheet atm and I never thought I'd say that again.

42 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Technical ability today was superb. This is what’s needed week in week out. 

That's the issue. Most weeks the balls bouncing off him or his passes are underhit. 

If he held the ball up like that on a regular basis we'd be a much stronger team. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2022 at 22:43, carlitobrigante said:

Seems much less selfish than last season, passing to open players more often rather than running himself down blind alleys.

thats prob just the ball bouncing off his banjo clown feet in the rough direction of a teammate.

Â