Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I don't think the market is 'Ollie Watkins for £33m' level of insanity. Quality strikers have been moving for £15m this window.

We seem to be limiting ourselves to the Championship, spending the best part of £50m on Cash and Watkins alone! Neither of them have played in a top-flight. Nor have either of them ever been capped at any age level! 

Obviously I hope both players are successes but this is a bonkers way to spend so much money

Bold part a)  But the fee is £28m?  Bold part b)  Who?

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Well that is because we do have the right to bid the amount the clubs want for these players and we are able to pay average premier league wages

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If that is true, that is insane and not in a good way.

oh and we won't have an average wage on a par with the average premier league wage this season.

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

you know our FFP headroom then? purslow has literally said that we have to comply with EFL FFP regulations for another 2 years because FFP works in a 3 year cycle. we cannot pay prem wages for another 2 years. so if they want 70pw, which is a likely figure especially for the more in-demand championship players, it's unlikely that we can afford that

No I don’t know the overall figure for our headroom I can confidently say it will have enough room in it to pay someone 70k a week if needs be

We’re reaching that point in the night where you accept you might be going home with someone you’ll regret in the morning.

Edit: just seen last post, the rocket from earlier has dropped her standards and you’re BACK IN THE GAME.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

I'd rather have Watkins up front than not, we are in no position to walk away here!

30 odd million...then so be it!

I'd hope those add ons are connected to solving world hunger or discovering the meaning of life though!

1 minute ago, sne said:

If it's true then lets at least hope the add ons hinges on us winning the CL and World Cup and him winning the Ballon d'Or.

Mentioned before but Wolves paid £35M for a youth the other day. Watkins is about 30% of what we needed this window, getting him for less than £30M is going to be a steal if he bags 15 goals this season - I think he will. 

• Like 2

Just now, Awol said:

Mentioned before but Wolves paid £35M for a youth the other day. Watkins is about 30% of what we needed this window, getting him for less than £30M is going to be a steal if he bags 15 goals this season - I think he will. 

yeah if he scored 10-15 this season then it's money well spent really. 

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

No I don’t know the overall figure for our headroom I can confidently say it will have enough room in it to pay someone 70k a week if needs be

someone, not the 3-4 players we need

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

There is 100% something about foreign players rather than players from the Championship that people are happy with.

• Like 1

Given that we’ve had competition for most of our targets (assuming at least some of the media stories are true), I guess the fee is understandable. Demand goes up, fees go up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

I don't.  But yes if he does it's a good deal. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara