Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Take out the top 20 earners and its probably 35k

There are more than 20 players on more than 100k in the top 2 teams alone.

Also the figure gets balanced out by the young players that have been awarded their first senior contract.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Thanks 1

My humblest of apologies to those i said that we wouldn't get close to 30 million on a player. According to Twitter folk ( well nixon ) Villa want two strikers. King very much still on by all accounts. Ollie wide left and king as a 9. Or vice versa. Great option to have. Great practically about the signing also as regards injuries. Cash can cover anywhere on the right if needs be. The most sellable for me is Samatta. Someone in Europe would take him and he really isn't that good so id cut our loses there. Davis - probably gets loaned out. Wesley back in October-ish

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

I'd go with the Guardian on  this one!

Go with whichever one suits your point 😁

I wouldn’t trust either to be honest but I highly doubt the average wage tops 3 million a year

Its is a big chunk of money on the face of it but this is what Strikers cost now.  Seb Haller and Joelinton both over £40m plus high wages.  Leeds nearly £30m for a 29 year old.  Wolves paid nearly £40m for a 28 year old Jimenez last year.

He will get goals, is good with his feet and can hold the ball up well.  There is a reason Spurs wanted him.

Buendia now please!

Edited by MJ_1874
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

My humblest of apologies to those i said that we wouldn't get close to 30 million on a player. According to Twitter folk ( well nixon ) Villa want two strikers. King very much still on by all accounts. Ollie wide left and king as a 9. Or vice versa. Great option to have. Great practically about the signing also as regards injuries. Cash can cover anywhere on the right if needs be. The most sellable for me is Samatta. Someone in Europe would take him and he really isn't that good so id cut our loses there. Davis - probably gets loaned out. Wesley back in October-ish

Wesley isn't even back in light training mate. 

He's 2021 so forget this year. He might make the bench in December. It was a bad one. 

• Like 1

I do feel people are overreacting to the price. Having spent enough time outside the PL, we have to accept that this is how much people who can put the ball in the net cost. Let's just hope he's not one of those 300k for each time he touched the ball type signings, or another joelinton.

12 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

If the difference between signing Wilson and Watkins is 8 million then im happy to be honest.

Champ player of the season and plenty of potential vs bang average prem striker. 

And i think it will be way less than 8 million difference, when you take wages into account over a 5 year period and Watkins will still have a resale value.

Happy with the deal can't wait to see him in the shirt

12 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

Its is a big chunk of money on the face of it but this is what Strikers cost now.  Seb Haller and Joelinton both over £40m plus high wages.  Leeds nearly £30m for a 29 year old.  Wolves paid nearly £40m for a 28 year old Jimenez last year.

He will get goals, is good with his feet and can hold the ball up well.  There is a reason Spurs wanted him.

Buendia now please!

Buendia would be an excellent signing considering we;re looking to add very athletic strikers who are a threat aerially and on the ground. Imagine the amount of chances the like of Watkins will get in a game if he has Grealish on one side and Buendia on the other.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

So, if you believe what you read in the press, we could be on the cusp of signing three players for a combined total of £65m.

You wait all day for a bus, then three come at once.

Haven't you heard mate we've got no money, and we're so slow on signings we're still working on the January 2018 transfer window !

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

So, if you believe what you read in the press, we could be on the cusp of signing three players for a combined total of £65m.

I think the Josh King rumor is dead in the water mate if we are signing Watkins. They are like for like.

3 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Who are the other 2? Eduardo and Wilson?