Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

29 minutes ago, romavillan said:

You are getting really wound up about some made up nonsense, throwing accusations at Smith, the club etc. based on absolutely nothing at all and acting like we have a divine right to wave a magic claret and blue wand and sign 5 exceptional young players from across europe for £100m on under average Premier league wages.

Well that is because we do have the right to bid the amount the clubs want for these players and we are able to pay average premier league wages

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Am I talking about 1 of the players I mentioned or the whole as a group? The group will on average want wages we can supply as a premier league team, they aren’t going to be asking for 150k a week 

Have you ever met rayk?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Brentford have played a blinder there. No pressure lad. 

And rightly so.  We would for Jack or McGinn.  We pay what they feel is due to them.  This isn't our money. This is a very small, anomalous transfer window which essentially will put us on a path to either PL security, and oodles of potential transfers down the line - or a path that will put us into severe trouble and potential relegation problems once more.  More money at this stage for players we want does not matter.  

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Sorry mate but that isn’t a fact. It’s the 8th of September today the window has weeks and weeks to run. 

True,the window has got weeks to go BUT the season starts sooner than the window closes and if we are the same team as last season when the season starts then we are in trouble.We are finding it hard enough to sign players now.If we continue to waste time and lose/draw our first 3/4 games then we could easily be in the bottom 3.Then it will be impossible to sign anyone at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Am I talking about 1 of the players I mentioned or the whole as a group? The group will on average want wages we can supply as a premier league team, they aren’t going to be asking for 150k a week 

you know our FFP headroom then? purslow has literally said that we have to comply with EFL FFP regulations for another 2 years because FFP works in a 3 year cycle. we cannot pay prem wages for another 2 years. so if they want 70pw, which is a likely figure especially for the more in-demand championship players, it's unlikely that we can afford that

16 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Says a newspaper article. You don't know that. Why would Norwich ask for £20million for Buendia? I know they could get more, so why wouldn't they?

Their board member said so early in the window that’s why

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

It is an insane fee no doubt but I guess what is difficult for us fans to grasp is how insane the market has become. 

I guess for Villa it’s a calculated risk. If he’s successful, say getting up to 15-20 goals in any of the next few years he instantly starts getting talked about for England squads. If he gets called up as mad as it is we could probably double our money if not more. 

Could just as easily be another massive disaster and waste of a staggering amount of money. Throw it on the pile. 

I don't think the market is 'Ollie Watkins for £33m' level of insanity. Quality strikers have been moving for £15m this window.

We seem to be limiting ourselves to the Championship, spending the best part of £50m on Cash and Watkins alone! Neither of them have played in a top-flight. Nor have either of them ever been capped at any age level! 

Obviously I hope both players are successes but this is a bonkers way to spend so much money

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, villaglint said:

It is an insane fee no doubt but I guess what is difficult for us fans to grasp is how insane the market has become. 

I guess for Villa it’s a calculated risk. If he’s successful, say getting up to 15-20 goals in any of the next few years he instantly starts getting talked about for England squads. If he gets called up as mad as it is we could probably double our money if not more. 

Could just as easily be another massive disaster and waste of a staggering amount of money. Throw it on the pile. 

And what if he gets 10 goals like expected by me?

12 minutes ago, Farlz said:

blimey

Who’s this Watkins fella? Out of the blue this signing. 😬 

Maybe he walked to Bodymoor for his medical.

Actually if true I’m pretty happy/relieved with this signing. We’ve overpaid, sure, but the consequences of not getting a quality player up front would be worse. Much worse. At least we’ll have a fighting chance at surviving this season.

We really, really need a wide man, though. Or another striker if we’re planning to play Ollie out wide.