Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

28 MILLLLLLLLION JESUS CHRIST VILLA!!! what is going on .. im having a hard time processing this... i know many of our fans are bloody in love with never played in the premier league ‘Watkins’ but come on surely some of you must agree this is beyond ridiculous. And its rising to £33 million 🤦🏽‍♂️ I think i need to lay down. Brentford are crooks and villa are fools ... drops the mic 🎤  . Benrahma is the man we need to spend this money on not watkins...ahh for the love of god ive had enough 

Do you need a cuddle bro?

28 MILLLLLLLLION JESUS CHRIST VILLA!!! what is going on .. im having a hard time processing this... i know many of our fans are bloody in love with never played in the premier league ‘Watkins’ but come on surely some of you must agree this is beyond ridiculous. And its rising to £33 million 🤦🏽‍♂️ I think i need to lay down. Brentford are crooks and villa are fools ... drops the mic 🎤  . Benrahma is the man we need to spend this money on not watkins...ahh for the love of god ive had enough 

Abraham scored 26 goals for us in the Championship (quite a few penalties included).

Watkins scored 26 last season with no penalties. From what I've seen, he's a better all round player too.

Would you pay £28m for Abraham?

• Like 3

Please God, no. No more signings from Brentford.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

625BF2EC-827C-40BA-9907-F8C13AC3836D.jpeg

Certainly an improvement on last season but I would like at least 2 more signings in. Doubt we’ll play that formation too.

If Hourihane is in our starting 11 at the start of the season or by the time the window closes, we’ll have had a poor window. I like Hourihane and think he’s a good squad player, especially for home games against weaker opposition when we need a goal. But going into our second season in the PL, we should have higher quality in the first 11. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

Buendia may be had for half of Benrahma and if that were the case I don’t see a massive gap between the two and would be fine with Buendia instead. But I still think Benrahma could be the next Marhez and possibly even better. 

I'd like both (we need two wingers) but agree with others that Brentford will want about £35-38M for him. Don't think anyone will pay that, so he'll probably be a deadline day signing for someone for about £30M.  

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

frustrated the wire GIF

Its not so much where hes coming from but its the type of goals scored .. no variety just benrahma putting the ball on a plate in the box and im not knocking the kid honestly but this whole thing is insane of course the price tag is the reason why im outraged. Can he find the top corner outside the area and perform magic well i didnt see it at brentford so at the moment no he cant. We need a premier league signing JUST GO AND GET ORIGI !!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PaddytheVillan said:

We've vastly overpaid for Cash and Watkins. I still think they're good signings, but both are £5-10m higher than they should be. 

Do clubs know we're desperate? Do we have poor negotiators? Or is it just a reluctance to sell except for top dollar, like us with Grealish? 

Not really? You always pay a premium for young promise, and even more of a premium for the finished article. They are cheap in the long run so if you can afford the price just pay it.

No reason why Cash can't be an Ashley Cole, Chilwell or Walker in a few seasons. How much is Tammy worth after one season in the PL? He was going to cost us £40m last Summer and Watkins out scored him in the Championship.

"Just Rejoice at that News"

Thatcher.jpg

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Abraham scored 26 goals for us in the Championship (quite a few penalties included).

Watkins scored 26 last season with no penalties. From what I've seen, he's a better all round player too.

Would you pay £28m for Abraham?

No i would pay more for Abraham and Abraham is much better than Watkins lets get that out the way from the start. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm just puzzled by the signing of Cash. Spending 14-16 millions on a position we got covered when we clearly are careful about signings is weird. You only have to assume Guilbert has told the leadership he wants to move back to France. 

or that apart from a few sliding tackles and fist pumps hes been a factor in one of the worst defences in the division, so weve took the chance to improve

I still think well sign a centre half this window as well

• Like 1

This thing of Watkins only scoring tap ins is a bit of a myth, he scored a lot of those last season, but have a look at all the goals he's scored at Brentford and before that with Exeter and you will see that he's scores a wide variety of goals, tap-ins, headers, from distance, cutting in from the wing, driving into the box with pace, and can use both feet. Besides we missed a lot of easy chances last season, there was a compilation of chances created by Targett alone the majority of which would have been put away by a striker who scores tap-ins.

Interesting our two signings are both coming off outstanding first seasons in a new position.

Its not quite Moneyball but it seems like the idea is there may be hidden value / potential for further progression with both being new to the position. Although at 45 mill the pair, 'd say the upside has already been paid for!

I do like the fact that we are adding some all-round footballers in these positions. Bodes well for the style Dean Smith likes to play.

• Like 1