Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

The transfer window is open for another month. Why don't we just try and be patient and see what happens before we sling pathetic and baseless insults towards the club officials. If when the window closes, then fine but why don't we just wait. Every year as deadline day gets nearer, more deals get done and this will be the same.

to be honest it's gotten to the point that some people will end the transfer window with the hump regardless of who we sign. signing josh king at the start of the window would've had a totally different reaction i reckon.

• Like 2

Fact.Its late in the window and even if we sign players like Messi and Vardy,if they dont hit the ground running then we are in trouble...again.The way I see it is that it dosent matter who we sign.If it takes the new striker 5/7 games to get going, we could be in the bottom 3 by then which means that virtually every team we play is above us on the ladder.

Hoping for a signing that will come from nowhere (why what does it matter?), we aren't being linked with any midfielders but surely we're looking to sign one, so can that being a position where we sign someone unexpected.

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

Fact.Its late in the window and even if we sign players like Messi and Vardy,if they dont hit the ground running then we are in trouble...again.The way I see it is that it dosent matter who we sign.If it takes the new striker 5/7 games to get going, we could be in the bottom 3 by then which means that virtually every team we play is above us on the ladder.

that's balanced by the belief that those we signed last summer will be better after a full season and whatever this preseason is under their belt

which I can kind of see, we know what happened to Luiz, we now have McGinn back fit, if another couple of last years signings show some sort of progression then we might be ok until the window closes

I don't believe its a case of if we sign no one then we will 100% definitely lose to Sheffield Utd, we should naturally be just a little better regardless, if samatta or wes can do a luiz then we will be alright (big if...)

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm just puzzled by the signing of Cash. Spending 14-16 millions on a position we got covered when we clearly are careful about signings is weird. You only have to assume Guilbert has told the leadership he wants to move back to France. 

When you get the option to buy a talent, no matter what - you should be in there.  Guilbert has shown glimpses of form but Elmo is getting on and otherwise we're having to play players out of position.  Cash also has a few years of playing on the wing too - so versatility is very useful here.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Who even said that? Most of them are valued at 20 million how about bidding near that

Says a newspaper article. You don't know that. Why would Norwich ask for £20million for Buendia? I know they could get more, so why wouldn't they?

27 minutes ago, Awol said:

You/we don’t know who we’re after. The press are full of it.

As above.

The only player we have bought is from a lower league, on wages we can afford. Beyond that no one has a clue - except buying players in multimillion pound deals is never ‘easy’. 

Except you do know who we are after when we actually bid for them and the information has been released. When newspapers quote things it isn’t the same as when we are preparing a bid etc

Just now, paul514 said:

Except you do know who we are after when we actually bid for them and the information has been released. When newspapers quote things it isn’t the same as when we are preparing a bid etc

No, we don’t. We don’t know if we actually bid for Wilson. We don’t know if we will bid for King, or Brewster, or Alan Shearer. Journalists are guessing. That’s the point. 

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Easier I said

Based on what? If it were easy, why do clubs ever miss out on their targets? Why do transfers nearly always take time to complete? I don't think you can even imagine the amount of little intricate details involved in a transfer.