Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Awol said:

No, you’re making assumptions with zero information but mistaking them as facts. They aren’t, you don’t know anything, same as the rest of us. 

Buying players from inferior leagues with wage demands we can meet and saying it doesn’t get easier than that......

That is a fact and always has been.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Buying players from inferior leagues with wage demands we can meet and saying it doesn’t get easier than that......

Interesting. So we should pay whatever it takes for these players then?

Again, as Awol said, you don't know that... same as the rest of us. You are mistaking your opinion as fact

22 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yes, easy.

You take your budget and you use it on those players that are in inferior leagues who are happy with the wages you can pay.

It doesn’t get easier

It's not FIFA. This is the real world. Multi million pound transfers are never easy.

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Surprised we haven't been linked to Jordan Ibe yet.

If money is that tight that sort of signing would make sense, which makes me believe that money isn't that tight and we are just trying to maximise the quality of signing that we can make with the budget available.

We are waiting on Benni McCarthy to come out of retirement 

• Haha 2

Don’t bother I’ve given up the club are after trash pretending it’s treasure.

You/we don’t know who we’re after. The press are full of it.

This window should have been so easy there was loads of early 20’s high quality relegated players and players in the championship (Eze, Benrahma, Henry, Buendia, Aarons, Sarr) and they are trying to sign people like King, Wilson and Martinez FML

As above.

The only player we have bought is from a lower league, on wages we can afford. Beyond that no one has a clue - except buying players in multimillion pound deals is never ‘easy’. 

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Lets just see what happens

100% agree,  being a football fan is just watching what unfolds with the knowledge you have absolute no influence on either results or transfers.

It's frustrating but it could be worse,  think of a small heath and they fun they are having at the moment watching real fans and teams in the midlands talk about 20 M this and 25 M that.

They are convinced it's swimming certificates the words removed.

26 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Don’t bother I’ve given up the club are after trash pretending it’s treasure.

This window should have been so easy there was loads of early 20’s high quality relegated players and players in the championship (Eze, Benrahma, Henry, Buendia, Aarons, Sarr) and they are trying to sign people like King, Wilson and Martinez FML

I'm not exactly enthused (so far) with this window I have to be honest..... but.....

To say this window should have been so easy is frankly a little silly given the global pandemic, the elongated season, congested fixtures, impacted finances and a disparity between buying and selling valuations. That is before you add into the mix the restrictions we have to work under as a newly promoted club (under 3 years is newly promoted from a financial perspective) under FFP. 

You say there are loads of early 20's high quality relegated players but you only named 3, one of whom we were linked with prior to buying Matty Cash. 

You then mention championship players, well Matty Cash fits in that category and we've been linked with Eze, Benrahma, Henry. Is our pursuit of Watkins not in keeping with this, or is better to exclude him for the point you are trying to make?

I'm not really sure that the examples you give really support your case or put the club in a bad light.

Do I think we've had a good window? Clearly not so far but its far from over so I'll reserve judgement at this stage even if I've a rising sense of concern.

But frankly, to say this was should be an easy window for us is just ridiculous it really is.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Considering only one of those players you've mentioned have actually gone anywhere do you not stop yourself and ask whether these things are perhaps not as easy as you think? Or do you just pick a position and go with it whatever?

I'm just puzzled by the signing of Cash. Spending 14-16 millions on a position we got covered when we clearly are careful about signings is weird. You only have to assume Guilbert has told the leadership he wants to move back to France. 

13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

you know what watkins and benrahma's wage demands are then? do tell me what they are please, you have the 'facts' after all

20 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Oh yea hilarious 🙄 I make logical comments and it’s throwing toys out of a pram.

You are getting really wound up about some made up nonsense, throwing accusations at Smith, the club etc. based on absolutely nothing at all and acting like we have a divine right to wave a magic claret and blue wand and sign 5 exceptional young players from across europe for £100m on under average Premier league wages.

• Like 1

There are forces at play right now in the general footballing business world that we are not seeing the consequences of yet.

Having no supporters in stadiums on a long term basis is huge for club finances and could see smaller clubs going under.

The TV money is going to shrink substantially,its already started with the chinese refusing to pay their share which lead to the whole deal being cancelled and sky sports lost a shed load of subs when the season was curtailed then restarted.

The club owners are skittish about finances and wages going forward and with the ever present FFP hanging over us we are probably being ultra careful...who can blame the club in these extraordinary times?

The transfer window is open for another month. Why don't we just try and be patient and see what happens before we sling pathetic and baseless insults towards the club officials. If when the window closes, then fine but why don't we just wait. Every year as deadline day gets nearer, more deals get done and this will be the same.

• Like 2

Reassuring thing for me is Buendia, Cantwell, Edouard, Benrahma, Lewis, Brooks, etc are still available and would enchance our team.

Its when these options disappear that  I’ll start to worry. 

Edited by thabucks