Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

25 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not exactly enthused (so far) with this window I have to be honest..... but.....

To say this window should have been so easy is frankly a little silly given the global pandemic, the elongated season, congested fixtures, impacted finances and a disparity between buying and selling valuations. That is before you add into the mix the restrictions we have to work under as a newly promoted club (under 3 years is newly promoted from a financial perspective) under FFP. 

You say there are loads of early 20's high quality relegated players but you only named 3, one of whom we were linked with prior to buying Matty Cash. 

You then mention championship players, well Matty Cash fits in that category and we've been linked with Eze, Benrahma, Henry. Is our pursuit of Watkins not in keeping with this, or is better to exclude him for the point you are trying to make?

I'm not really sure that the examples you give really support your case or put the club in a bad light.

Do I think we've had a good window? Clearly not so far but its far from over so I'll reserve judgement at this stage even if I've a rising sense of concern.

But frankly, to say this was should be an easy window for us is just ridiculous it really is.

Everything you say in Paragraph two is irrelevant, we have a budget, whatever it is and once given to the person or people negotiating transfers all that information becomes irrelevant.

Paragraphs two and three I mentioned 6 players I would consider that to be a lot. Also I don’t consider Watkins and Cash to be in the same bracket as the 6 mentioned (obviously personal preference). Watkins goals if you watch them last year were mostly awful defending, rubbish goal keeping and most worryingly of all his shots were Mostly very close to the keeper and scuffs. It doesn’t breed confidence that he will be better than Maupay who scored something like 10 goals last year rather than Eduoard who’s play is completely different and suited to this league.

When I said easy I’ll say it again, it doesn’t get easier than signing players from inferior leagues.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

No, we don’t. We don’t know if we actually bid for Wilson. We don’t know if we will bid for King, or Brewster, or Alan Shearer. Journalists are guessing. That’s the point. 

Wilson has more or less confirmed he had the option to join villa - so think we did bid.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that's balanced by the belief that those we signed last summer will be better after a full season and whatever this preseason is under their belt

which I can kind of see, we know what happened to Luiz, we now have McGinn back fit, if another couple of last years signings show some sort of progression then we might be ok until the window closes

I don't believe its a case of if we sign no one then we will 100% definitely lose to Sheffield Utd, we should naturally be just a little better regardless, if samatta or wes can do a luiz then we will be alright (big if...)

You are right.We should be better than last season even if we dont sign anyone at all BUT our striker situation remains largely the same ( maybe Samatta will go from scoring 1 goal to scoring 2 effectivly doubling his input from last season ) hopefully Davis can score his first goal for the club.But realistically,even taking the above into account "how much"  better off are we going to be if our new striker signing does not hit the ground running ?!

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Insane fee

It is an insane fee no doubt but I guess what is difficult for us fans to grasp is how insane the market has become. 

I guess for Villa it’s a calculated risk. If he’s successful, say getting up to 15-20 goals in any of the next few years he instantly starts getting talked about for England squads. If he gets called up as mad as it is we could probably double our money if not more. 

Could just as easily be another massive disaster and waste of a staggering amount of money. Throw it on the pile. 

30 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

you know what watkins and benrahma's wage demands are then? do tell me what they are please, you have the 'facts' after all

Am I talking about 1 of the players I mentioned or the whole as a group? The group will on average want wages we can supply as a premier league team, they aren’t going to be asking for 150k a week 

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It's crazy money, Brentford have played us a treat

Brentford are well within their right to demand what they want for their players. Fair play to them. It pleases me that we're happy to spend this much as they obviously really rate him.

• Like 1