Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I think King is a decent enough player - good if not amazing scoring record and a player who catches the eye at times. Would be happy with the signing......but It just feels really weird having been knocked back over Wilson.

Almost as if you've ended up with the younger and prettier sister but for some reason you're disappointing because you got rejected by the older and slightly uglier looking sister first.

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Mate, I live in Devon and I cannot take you seriously because I know for a fact that Ivybridge is not sunny. Stop having people on here for mugs ffs. 

How very dare you - it was indeed sunny here only last decade :D

• Haha 1

Josh King is an odd one just coming off the back of the Wilson bid it doesn’t exactly make our summer look terrifically well thought out. I think one thing is clear is how high a value the club is putting on PL experience. Very few PL strikers available to buy and two of them happen to be at the same club. 

King is a really talented player but never struck me as a great goal scorer. He’s more of a 10 than a CF so it seems odd to be the fall back for Wilson as they are different players. He chips in with between 10-20 goals/assists a season which isn’t to be sniffed at. But he isn’t the guy to play CF every game next season, he’ll add value across the front line. His best position for me is as a 10 though which isn’t a role we really utilise but I guess it gives us options. 

Again I think the club is looking at his PL experience above all else. He’ll gel well with Jack I think and Watkins if we get him. 

Edited by villaglint

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know the drill.

The one against us in there for good measure too lol

OMG the one against Villa is a real corker! WTF WAS CISSOKHO DOING? If we can get other teams to play against us like that next season he would do well for us! 

No I really would. I have a close relationship with Bournemouth and get to watch them a fair bit. King is a very good footballer. Rapid, skilful and a good eye for goal. He's played a lot on the wing and a similar style to Gabby under us. He scores a lot of pens but he's also involved in a lot of goals for them. He was always my preference as he can play out wide too

• Like 3

I honestly don't think we are in for King. I also think we were never in for Wilson. Romeo maybe and I could imagine the wages putting us off. Can also believe Martinez too.

Rashica was real as Werder's chairman confirmed it (I think). I would rather believe him which then makes me think we could be in for better quality than our media is leading us to believe. 

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

No I really would. I have a close relationship with Bournemouth and get to watch them a fair bit. King is a very good footballer. Rapid, skilful and a good eye for goal. He's played a lot on the wing and a similar style to Gabby under us. He scores a lot of pens but he's also involved in a lot of goals for them. He was always my preference as he can play out wide too

36 non penalty goals and 15 assists in 161 games 

Just now, omariqy said:

Same here. Work with loads of afcb fans. The 3 players they're genuinely sad to see go are ramsdale, ake and king. They werent too bothered about Wilson going. 

Just now, omariqy said:

I know . 

I was making a "Panic" joke.

King is more talented than Wilson.

• Like 1

So many posts, so little content. 

King is meh for me. PL player, more experienced than what we have, and reportedly fast which we are definitely missing.

However, his record isn't great. Also, being part of a team that got relegated and wasn't good enough for the league isn't filling me with confidence. Given how many of their team have already made it back to the PL it does make me wonder which one of their players it was that caused their terrible performances.

Hope he is the King that the Bournemouth fans seem to think he is, and not the King I know nothing about but assume is rubbish. 

25 pages in two hours. Rashica pace.

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

One child / bot / moron makes objectionable statement, 1000 people wailing and gnashing their teeth about said statement. Win-win for the attention economy. On and on it goes.

It's madness.

Top right. Ignore list. It's a great bit of kit.

1 hour ago, grobs said:

I think the signings we are linked with must check villa talk and that’s the reason nobody wants to play for us 

"us" :D

Welcome back grobbsy!

I won't be ignoring you. Your posts are far too much fun.

51 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Just tidied up the ignore list and feel much happier already.

It's so great.

47 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just seen Fulham are looking at signing areola on loan from PSG, quality keeper when he was on loan at Villarreal and at PSG, instead of spending 20mil if the reports are correct on Martinez get him in on loan

He's the tits.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I honestly don't think we are in for King. I also think we were never in for Wilson. Romeo maybe and I could imagine the wages putting us off. Can also believe Martinez too.

Rashica was real as Werder's chairman confirmed it (I think). I would rather believe him which then makes me think we could be in for better quality than our media is leading us to believe. 

The the King story has been put out by Percy so you'd fancy there's something in it, he's usually the most reliable media source out there!

• Like 1

Put this in wrong thread...

King is a better option than Wilson.

If you're Bournemouth though... surely you're asking for the £21m bid we've just made for Wilson again. Not a penny less. Maybe more!

14 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I think his contract is up next year though.

He shouldn't cost more no. But we've just shown our hand to Bournemouth. Weak business from them to ask for anything less than £21m unless they're absolutely dying to get him off the wage bill.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Put this in wrong thread...

King is a better option than Wilson.

If you're Bournemouth though... surely you're asking for the £21m bid we've just made for Wilson again. Not a penny less. Maybe more!

He shouldn't cost more no. But we've just shown our hand to Bournemouth. Weak business from them to ask for anything less than £21m unless they're absolutely dying to get him off the wage bill.

Well apparently none of their players had relegation wage drops in their contracts so it wouldn't surprise me if they just want him off the wage bill.