Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

If we play king out wide, he's an improvement on trez and ghaz. If we play him up front, he's an improvement on Wes or sama. He improves our squad...end of. Why we didn't just go for him in the first place I've no idea...but I'll be chuffed to bits if we sign him

• Like 1

Just now, MellbergsBeard said:

Watkins and King with Grealish behind? Works for me. 

Wilson and King played 1 behind the other. Do you think we're signing 2 strikers and switching to 2 up front because that's not happening

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

Well without me it would be ‘Everything is fine at Villa’ until Percy pops up with Joshua King and then it’s ‘We have no scouting strategy’, ‘Poor choice by Dean Smith’.

Without you this topic would be on 850 pages...

5 minutes ago, obelixe_ said:

spacer.png

Also from the Percy article. Would be fine with King coming in if we got a goalscorer like Watkins or Edouard to play beside him

Alot of the recent links make me feel like we will be going 4 - 3 - 3 or 3 - 4 - 3/3 - 5 - 2 this season.

Sod wingers, buy ALL the strikers, inside and wide forwards!

Get width from the fullbacks.

Chuck on Trez or El Ghazi when all hope is lost in a match. sorted.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, tomav84 said:

If we play king out wide, he's an improvement on trez and ghaz. If we play him up front, he's an improvement on Wes or sama. He improves our squad...end of. Why we didn't just go for him in the first place I've no idea...but I'll be chuffed to bits if we sign him

Exactly. Better than samatta and trez. Also better than jota and aeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

There's delusional arrogance and then there's this...

Oh come on, it’s either ‘there’s nothing to worry about’ or rightly panicking about the King link within an hour......BY THE SAME PEOPLE!!

Edited by rayk

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

Well without me it would be ‘Everything is fine at Villa’ until Percy pops up with Joshua King and then it’s ‘We have no scouting strategy’, ‘Poor choice by Dean Smith’.

You'd have to read what other people write to know that. 

Just now, Brumerican said:

We are in the best position we have been in for about 6-7 years .  We have money and a capable manager who loves the club . There is a MONTH left of the transfer window.

Most rational Villa fans retired the "panic" jersey when small heath retired Bellingham's.

I genuinely don't get the bed-wetting going on in here.

If we have this squad when the window shuts then, fine, it'll have been a poor window.  Until then, though...

• Like 4

I think it should be obvious to most at this stage that we are shopping in the 15 to 20 million pound mark. Cash ( great business i think by the way  ) and the way we tried to structure the 1st bid for Wilson. The 2nd bid looked almost reactionary after Newcastle made their move. And King, as Percy reports, 16 million pound. Edouard stuff is fanciful - can't see Villa getting close to 30 million for anyone in this window. Watkins ? We must be miles apart from Brentford as regards numbers.