Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I heard a while back we're very interested in Martinez and Lange travelled down to London a few weeks ago to discuss. I think the link is credible.

Seems really disjointed though. I mean sure we could do it with a keeper, due to Heaton, but he’s back in a month or two. Then we’ve got Steer, Nyland and Kalinic. We need a striker, winger and maybe CM. Not saying it excludes those signing with Martinez. But travelling down to LND, big bid, so much time, money and energy spent.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Seems really disjointed though. I mean sure we could do it with a keeper, due to Heaton, but he’s back in a month or two. Then we’ve got Steer, Nyland and Kalinic. We need a striker, winger and maybe CM. Not saying it excludes those signing with Martinez. But travelling down to LND, big bid, some much time, money and energy spent.

Apparently Heaton won't be back until after Christmas. I think they're worried about his long term fitness and are looking for a genuine replacement, Martinez being top of the list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Apparently Heaton won't be back until after Christmas. I think they're worried about his long term fitness and are looking for a genuine replacement, Martinez being top of the list.

Would make sense then. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wezbid said:

He has that Hazard style about him. 

Smith wanted him since day one. Apparently we had a deal on transfer deadline day but it fell through ......like Maupay....down to £££?

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Would make sense then. 

Yeah, and when you take into account Steer is quite injury prone himself, Kalinic is pretty much the invisible man and Nyland is just not good enough then a goalkeeper suddenly becomes quite important. I'd be happy if we signed Martinez for £20m. Looks a really good player.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Yeah, and when you take into account Steer is quite injury prone himself, Kalinic is pretty much the invisible man and Nyland is just not good enough then a goalkeeper suddenly becomes quite important. I'd be happy if we signed Martinez for £20m. Looks a really good player.

Indeed, hope a German team comes in for Nyland (although club might not risk, with Heaton inj) & we can offload Kalinic again.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

King is a better player than Wilson though. I would be delighted with King as a signing. Is that a credible link or just a thing you two are throwing at each other?

John Percy tweets something to that effect earlier.

It was clearly a cunning ruse of ours to bid a higher amount for Wilson just to get King at a lower amount.

Genius.

Louis Litt Genius GIF by Suits

1 minute ago, rayk said:

John Percy tweets something to that effect earlier.

It was clearly a cunning ruse of ours to bid a higher amount for Wilson just to get King at a lower amount.

Genius.

Louis Litt Genius GIF by Suits

I’d have taken Wilson as I have said on here but I’d rather have King. Hope it has legs but I have less faith in Percy than some on here seem to.

Just now, Adam2003 said:

I’d have taken Wilson as I have said on here but I’d rather have King. Hope it has legs but I have less faith in Percy than some on here seem to.

Furry muff. I personally rate King no higher than Samatta.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Furry muff. I personally rate King no higher than Samatta.

When Samatta scores 50 PL goals in 3 or 4 seasons, many of them very classy goals or long-range finishes (which I hope he does) let’s have that conversation.

I’ve just upset myself because amongst a compilation of King goals I watched is one against us from the year we went down - Christ we were a mess. 

23 minutes ago, rayk said:

So what did you think of that article from Ashley Preece about the Deadline day deal for Benrahma falling through?

Is Ashley Preece supposed to be more or less believed now he writes for the Athletic?

Didn't you link article linking to Gregg Evans piece. Gregg Evans says Villa have launched 2nd bid for Martinez. I'll see how that plays out regarding his ITK status. He seems to use popular ITK hedge phrases like "it's my understanding"...

Lot of people seem to be saying King is plan B now Wilson has gone.  But they are different types of player.  Seems to me King is more likely plan B for Watkins.

In which case, we must be looking at another No 9...

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Didn't you link article linking to Gregg Evans piece. Gregg Evans says Villa have launched 2nd bid for Martinez. I'll see how that plays out regarding his ITK status. He seems to use popular ITK hedge phrases like "it's my understanding"...

Evans and Preece know nothing. 

Edit: Kiwi interested in your thoughts on King from your usual stats perspective? Presumably we would be thinking of him as an option wide as well as through the middle?

Edited by Adam2003

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Sorry, I meant Greg Evans.....The Athletic still though mind. Often gets bandied about as second to Percy. And I didn’t know this but if Lange apparently went to the effort of going down to London to see Martinez.....i reckon a second offer is the least we are likely to do.

53 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Evans and Preece know nothing. 

Edit: Kiwi interested in your thoughts on King from your usual stats perspective? Presumably we would be thinking of him as an option wide as well as through the middle?

I got a bit of a reputation before start of last season on Fantasy forum that King was an absolute avoid in fantasy and he was cheap so that's pretty much how I feel about him IRL. 5 less shots on target than Wesley in +200 more minutes