Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

King scored 1 more goal than Wesley last season even though Wesley played less. I guess it must be his other attributes (pace) that we are looking at I wonder if it’s an alternative to Watkins as opposed to aswell as him. 

Three senior strikers sometimes isn't enough even if you play one upfront.

Take last season. Started with Wesley, Kodj and Davis. Kodjia came on v Spurs on opening day then got a facial injury in training and we didn't see him until November. Davis got injured v Wolves in late October and didn't return until 1st March for the league cup final.

Resulted in Wesley having to play every minute of every league game and when he got injured at Burnley we had no senior strikers available.

If say it's just Watkins, Davis and Samatta as options up to January well that is repeating the same mistakes as 12 months back. If we're losing 1-0 and Davis and Samatta are put on to try to turn things round it's not exactly going to have oppo quaking in their boots.

Need to get two new ones in upfront, Samatta firmly as 3rd choice to give him kick up the backside and if Wesley is coming back in November then you can send Davis out on loan until January.

It's going to be a ridiculous fixture schedule so some of our players will be getting long term injuries like last year as much as we don't want that to happen.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

We are in the best position we have been in for about 6-7 years .  We have money and a capable manager who loves the club . There is a MONTH left of the transfer window.

Most rational Villa fans retired the "panic" jersey when small heath retired Bellingham's.

Brilliant.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

If we play king out wide, he's an improvement on trez and ghaz. If we play him up front, he's an improvement on Wes or sama. He improves our squad...end of. Why we didn't just go for him in the first place I've no idea...but I'll be chuffed to bits if we sign him

If you think this about King it's only from name recognition and nothing else. He's rubbish

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I genuinely don't get the bed-wetting going on in here.

If we have this squad when the window shuts then, fine, it'll have been a poor window.  Until then, though...

My only worry with getting players in towards the end of the window is a bad start can be difficult to turn around and players might take long to settle. 

I know we will sign more players but after last summer and January our recruitment doesn't fill me with a lot of faith that we will be getting better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

King is established PL player and scored 3 this season outside of penalties in 26 games.  Compare that to Samatta and Davis (neither I’m defending) and he’s on par with Samatta.

He isn’t!

So play Samatta until he equals the same number of PL games as King and then we can compare and contrast. Let's get you right on that coaching staff pronto.

Find it interesting how Percy doesn't mention a single thing about goalkeepers/Martinez and neither does Gregg Evans mention King. 

I do think King improves the squad but I'll be completely honest my problem is it's just a bit boring. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1