Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

No....He's just a fan like all of us also that has a bigger responsibility than being a clearing in the woods fan and playing his job like football manager or fifa. 

Believe it or not he is probably......in fact guaranteed to be heavily involved in just how much we have to spread about on players. So whilst he isn't the money man he will most definitely know what we have available and where priorities lie. 

No......he’s the football man. Suso / Lange are supposed to bridge the gap between football and money.

Purslow and the owners are the money guys.

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

I have no idea if we did or did not but every Cov fan I know says Wilson was a huge sky blue fan and has hated us since he was a teenager.

Percy said we were if that means anything,

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I meant the English Prem, obviously. I haven't seen him play, agreed. My point was that I don't see him as the marquee signing that will convince Jack to stay which was what was implied.

Hasn't been called The Premiership in England for about 20 years 😉

My point was that Edouard is far better than the likes of King, and if Jack plays with players of that calibre he's far more likely to want to stick around for longer

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Are Bournemouth going to have any players left? My knowledge of him is that I am suprised to find out that he is actually Norwegian. Well it worked for Carew.

If he did come to Villa then we can have the Cash is King headline. Boom.

They probably need to sell 60% of their squad just to continue to exist. 

Their income will fall of a cliff, they won't have anything remotely as good as our infrastructure and look what nearly happened to us. 

They should have done a Norwich but they tried to actually be a PL team.   Their wage bill will be massively unsustainable. 

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

King would be a perfectly fine signing, the hysteria in here is wild.😂

He can play in several forward positions and has the pace and power that we sorely lack in wide areas (where you would presume he'd predominantly play in). It'd be extremely underwhelming if he were to be our only attacking signing but despite the widespread derision for those in charge of recruitment I'd be stunned if that were the case.

The reality is that this season has to be about solidifying ourselves, and a signing like King as "boring" as it is would go at least some way towards that given he's generally put up good numbers at this level and is an upgrade on what we currently have in the squad. If we were to get in 5/6 signings in total and he's the most disappointing of them I think we could be in for a more stress-free season and that'll do me fine.

No, no and no.

He’s not what we need. A bomb squad player in the making if ever there was one.

• Like 1

Just now, rayk said:

No......he’s the football man. Suso / Lange are supposed to bridge the gap between football and money.

Purslow and the owners are the money guys.

What don't you get mate? So if Smith comes out and say's Maupay is overpriced he's just bullshitting now? Jeez....Just because he does not hold the purse strings doesn't mean he doesn't, A) Have an opinion. or B). Get a say in how the budget is spent.  

Just now, rayk said:

Percy said we were if that means anything,

I think we were clearly interested but quite a few potential things that scuppered the deal:

1) He wanted to go to Newcastle with Fraser
2) We didn't want to offer the length of contract he's been given there
3) We didn't want to offer the wages he's been given there
4) He simply preferred the move there

Either way, he's only going to say now what appeals to Newcastle fans to build bridges - so that means he will talk about all the reasons he chose Newcastle over us. It doesn't reflect anything in regards to what we actually did on the deal. Personally I'm not that disappointed to miss out on him - also if he doesn't want to join us then we are better off with someone else!

• Like 1

Yeah well we are not going to get Edouard are we? Obviously he will go to someone like Leceister for 40 mil and a 100K plus a week contract.

Getting Watkins in now will be a major achievement.

Our transfer policy is increasingly  looking like the Christmas eve shop at the petrol station.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:
2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know the drill.

The one against us in there for good measure too lol

Surely a thread is needed before this?

Edited by rayk

27 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Here is a nice thread for you. VA is a objective, considered and rationalised view on all things Villa:

(read the whole thread)

Been banging this drum since the end of last season: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Have a day off then to bask in the glory 

Seriously, I appreciate you're passionate about what's happening at the club but by continuing to talk at other posters and repeat yourself over and over is only going to make other folk not bother to engage and get irksome with you. 

But then again, you may just like the attention 

Mate, I live in Devon and I cannot take you seriously because I know for a fact that Ivybridge is not sunny. Stop having people on here for mugs ffs. 

• Haha 1