Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Well apparently none of their players had relegation wage drops in their contracts so it wouldn't surprise me if they just want him off the wage bill.

Except also apparently Wilson had an immediate 50% drop so who knows...

King would be a better signing than Wilson in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Well apparently none of their players had relegation wage drops in their contracts so it wouldn't surprise me if they just want him off the wage bill.

If that's true, it's terrible club management from a club of their size, stature, stadium size etc. You can't make yourself entirely reliant on TV money when your income streams are low. I hope for their sake that's not the case.

Just now, thunderball said:

I would love it, just love it if we signed Rashica.

image.thumb.jpeg.d732ab899170d7abc0e1fb9b173567be.jpeg

Would be an incredible signing for so many reasons.

I think there's every chance we'll sign this calibre of player still. May be a totally out of nowhere signing.

21 minutes ago, Chindie said:

King.

**** hell delete Bournemouth's number from the Villa phone book for the the love of all that's holy.

Not been mentioned by any press but the player I'd love from Bournemouth is Brooks. Always rated him and he'd slot in perfectly on the right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Are people still fooling themselves into thinking we weren’t in for Wilson?

Having skim-read about 50 pages of this shite, there do appear to be one or two people still in some level of denial about this, yes, but mostly it's just poo-flinging at each other.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Does the prospect not spark joy?

As a number 2, no problem. I trust the parties will finally stop piss-farting around and we’ll sign Watkins at some point - though sooner would be better. Watkins, Wesley & King would do us fine for next season. 

More important is new wingers, because without them it won’t matter who we have up top - as last season showed.  Get those right and we’ll be a different team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Not been mentioned by any press but the player I'd love from Bournemouth is Brooks. Always rated him and he'd slot in perfectly on the right. 

Brooks would be the signing of the summer if we pulled him off. *Awaits Kenneth gif*

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Brooks would be the signing of the summer if we pulled him off. *Awaits Kenneth gif*

Yeah I think it's potentially unrealistic, but at the same time can't see many teams paying the £35mill or so it'd take to get him. Maybe we wouldn't pay that much but I think we have the capability to do so. Only issue is he's not English which seems to be our theme this window 😂 

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd really like Martinez, but I do worry it potentially takes money away from signing wingers.

Potentially. I'm starting to think though if we are prepared to spend that on a GK when we have Heaton, maybe we have more money than we originally thought?

Just now, SeanVilla said:

Yeah I think it's potentially unrealistic, but at the same time can't see many teams paying the £35mill or so it'd take to get him. Maybe we wouldn't pay that much but I think we have the capability to do so. Only issue is he's not English which seems to be our theme this window 😂 

I reckon we could meet the asking price. Not sure what wages he'd be on but probably not mega high. I think the hardest part would be that top clubs will almost certainly come in for him as the window goes on. If there's any chance we could pull it off then we have to go all out for him.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know the drill.

The one against us in there for good measure too lol

One? There were about four weren't there?

What I take from this is that he can score several different types of goal, with both feet, and contrary to what I read on here, it is not true that the majority of his goals come from the penalty spot (maybe 20-25%, and at least he scores them).

Do I want this lad starting in ten days' time, or Samagoal? Tough question.

• Like 1

The King link seems to have legs. Not sure what to think really. We are desperately in need of bods up front, but it’s all....well, a bit uninspiring really. 

You can smell the stink of needy desperation wafting off Villa this window.

3 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Potentially. I'm starting to think though if we are prepared to spend that on a GK when we have Heaton, maybe we have more money than we originally thought?

Maybe so. I take all the rumours with a massive pinch of salt until they are completed though. 

52 minutes ago, rayk said:

And this is my last comment but here’s a thought for you all.

After not being able to sign Maupay and Benrahma last season, I kind of think it was Smith who put out there the £100m / ST, Winger, CB and GK just to put pressure on the club to show the serious money this time around.

Grateful for any considered opinions.

What is out there in regards to the £100m/positions? Everybody seems to have just gone with the £100m as a fact. Plenty thought we wouldn't spend as much as we did last season.

I doubt the club or Smith is leaking our budget to people, all it does is jack up the prices for whoever we're after. That doesn't help Smith any more than the club. 

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I reckon we could meet the asking price. Not sure what wages he'd be on but probably not mega high. I think the hardest part would be that top clubs will almost certainly come in for him as the window goes on. If there's any chance we could pull it off then we have to go all out for him.

Yeah agreed. Although I also think a lot of clubs are struggling financially at the moment and assuming Man Utd, who were linked with him earlier in the window, get Sancho then I can't think of many clubs that will be able to pay that amount of money for him this window. Do players like Brooks, Sarr etc. want championship football to wait or a bigger move? I'm not so sure. I'm hoping these "big moves" may open up towards the end of the window.