Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

If it's King, so be it. He's decent and better than what we have but we need to stop dragging the arse out of this. Villa hierarchy would of been in contact with folk at Bournemouth over the last week regarding Wilson. If they held an interest in King though as an alternative ( which you'd hope they did , concerning if not ) then they must know the number they want. We can't play back and forth again for another week. If we know want Bournemouth value him, pay it . We need a striker in. Badly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Josh King would be a weird signing. Feels like we've very much got a bit of a scattergun approach at the minute. Guessing we haven't been able to land any of our priority targets. 

I think it’s more we just need something just in case our primary target doesn’t land. Seemingly we were always going for 2 strikers.

King doesn’t excite me, I don’t really know him very well , but he is ex-Man U and they were in for him in January so he must have something.

(Makes you wonder how badly things went wrong for Bournemouth: Fraser, Wilson, King, Ake.... Can’t see them, bouncing back very quickly)

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get that Deano is keen for English based/experienced players this summer, but the links are looking ridiculous now.

I'd rather take a punt on an option A/B tier foreign option than spend up to 20 mill on local scraps.

Although there is some slight solace that we want two strikers.

I really hope last year's experience doesn't transform Deano into a boring manager who always prefers the "safe" option out of fear though. That goes for both tactics and player choice.

Sorry how is this Deano’s CHOICE?

Watkins is Deano’s CHOICE, so is Benrahma....so way Maupay......the club just aren’t backing him if this is true.

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Why dont you just say he’s crap and you are deeply worried if this is the extent of our scouting?

He'd be o.k if we play him out wide. I did want Wilson and regularly call for premier league experience in our signing so it's not like I'm going to dismiss King when he has similar stats over last 3 seasons playing for Bournemouth (and he wasn't the most advanced striker of the two). Scored 12 in 18/19 and 16 in 16/17 so a better scoring record than I was expecting.

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So our recruitment team have set their sights on the two strikers of the relegated team. And we're meant to be confident they've got it all under control?

This made me chuckle and its so bloody true .. its starting to get embarrassing im not sure on everyone elses views but you summed it up. IF this is true its becoming at circus at VP 

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I assume if we sign King he'll play out wide.

His CV is Wilson lite for people who were dead against signing him. Just 6 goals last season with 3 of them being penalties and was injured for two months. 28. He'll want a 4 year deal with wages in excess of 50k a week I bet aswell.

Would be worried if we play him as main striker. I know he can play second striker but he would just get in Jack's way if we move him back centrally and we don't play two out and out strikers anyway.

His record is equal to Wilson overall ,12 the season before,  8 2 seasons ago then 16 3 seasons ago

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We should at this point just pay Brentford what they want for Benhrama and Watkins. 

It is starting to look that way.

I would imagine they have the financial clout to resist....and waiting is not going to produce anything.

They don't want to sell by the looks of things.

I would rather sign King than Wilson. He is more suited to our play, is quicker and won’t cost as much. It does feel a bit underwhelming however. Anybody starting to think we sacked the wrong man in Suso?....... I jest of course.......I think!

In all seriousness we need to wait and see what happens. Dean is not really a big attraction to players and to counter balance that I always hoped we would go large on the DOF. We have a clear plan that will take a while until we see the fruits of our labour. I am keeping the faith...... just!

12 minutes ago, Farlz said:

bid for everyone

This would be embarrassing for everybody.

For Villa, not second choice but second choice at a club

For King, that he is second choice at his club and the first choice didn’t even speak to us.

Feels like the last two at the club who haven’t hooked up with anybody else that night so get it on in final desperation.