Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yeah no one really knows how Watkins will take to the Prem if we sign him. We have to remember that such amazing strikers like Rudy Gestede and Ross McCormack once scored 20 goals at that level. I don't think Watkins looks anything like those types of player but it's whether he can make that step up. Dwight Gayle for example has a really good attitude, he's one of those players that is lethal in the Championship but completely ineffective in the PL. Watkins could be the same. 

Then you've got players like Batshuayi whose career has gone downhill but was once one of the most promising strikers in Europe. I personally think he could be revived if he gets game time and confidence and if we don't go for him he'll end up doing that somewhere else. But our opinions are all different. 

Yeah watkins gives me that dwight gayle feel .. i see him in that bracket a 10 goal striker in the top flight.. having said that if he came to us and scored 12 I wouldn’t complain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Christ, you're relentless. Do you need to post it on every single page? 

Well without me it would be ‘Everything is fine at Villa’ until Percy pops up with Joshua King and then it’s ‘We have no scouting strategy’, ‘Poor choice by Dean Smith’.

Just now, obelixe_ said:

spacer.png

Also from the Percy article. Would be fine with King coming in if we got a goalscorer like Watkins or Edouard to play beside him

So he's actually talking shit and nothing more than casual speculation

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Yeah watkins gives me that dwight gayle feel .. i see him in that bracket a 10 goal striker in the top flight.. having said that if he came to us and scored 12 I wouldn’t complain. 

More than two would be a start

Watford’s technical director was asked about Deulofeu directly.

He said: “He doesn’t miss anything, and I’m not just saying that. Last year, we experienced a bad season because of various elements. We shouldn’t have ended up where we are. Deulofeu scored five goals and got five assists in 28 games before getting hurt in the win over Liverpool.

“Paradoxically, I’d rather have lost and have him in the right matches. He matures at a different age and for me he’s ready to play in any European team. I’m sorry to say that because I’d like to keep him. The offers are not lacking already now”.

Does anyone think we'll be one of the people in for him? A player we can hold out for too due to him currently coming back from injury 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Samatta has scored one PL goal. Davis , none and 2 championship goals in total. He is 

King is established PL player and scored 3 this season outside of penalties in 26 games.  Compare that to Samatta and Davis (neither I’m defending) and he’s on par with Samatta.

He isn’t!

I doubt we’ll sign King. Percy is legit but he seems to get very concrete news from Villa regarding transfers. Why would Villa want to put this news out there now?

Bidding for him now when we seemingly just missed out on Wilson sounds desperate so I think it’s more likely that it’s to ease negotiations with Brentford or Celtic or what ever striker we really won’t. I don’t buy it. Guess we’ll see sooN

Edited by bose

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It's the logic with signing Toney that suggests they expect one of Benrahma or Watkins to leave. Has to, surely. I don't think we can afford to go right to October 5th to land Watkins. If the indication they give off this week is that they aren't ready to deal, id move on. Need the new man in training during next week for the Sheffield United game.

Of course we will wait for two games into the season to sign our #1 target on a 5 yr deal.

Also, I admire Brentford on how they are playing the market. I wish we were as shrewd as them, exacting maximum value having already lined up the replacement. They don’t care who buys them, no romance, no sentiment, just screwing every last penny, they know they will get sold either way, accept their own fate and position in this game and play it well. I wish we had been like that years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Well without me it would be ‘Everything is fine at Villa’ until Percy pops up with Joshua King and then it’s ‘We have no scouting strategy’, ‘Poor choice by Dean Smith’.

There's delusional arrogance and then there's this...

• Like 2