Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought Lange would have a portfolio of talent he has been studying in his previous role that we could tap in to.....surely that would have been discussed in his interviews.

what do I know?

or have we switched focus to the English Market?.... as a result of Suso's exploits.

Think we'll have to wait until January and next summer for Lange's influence. At the moment I bet he's doing an internal audit of all our football operations for the owners and that takes time.

This summer is all about DS getting the targets he wants and hopefully we improve a bit as a result. If we don't then I think we know what will happen.

• Like 1

Most of kings goals have come from penalty’s, if this is the best we can do, it’ll be another season of struggle 

So much hope after staying up thinking we’ll learn from last season but we haven’t with the transfers or transfer so far....baffling!

• Like 1

Just now, grobs said:

I think king would be quite a good signing personally 

As someone that's looked into him extensively stats and all due to Fantasy football I can tell you he's shit. Half his season tallies are usually penalties

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If it's King, so be it. He's decent and better than what we have but we need to stop dragging the arse out of this. Villa hierarchy would of been in contact with folk at Bournemouth over the last week regarding Wilson. If they held an interest in King though as an alternative ( which you'd hope they did , concerning if not ) then they must know the number they want. We can't play back and forth again for another week. If we know want Bournemouth value him, pay it . We need a striker in. Badly.

Not that badly....

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Most of kings goals have come from penalty’s, if this is the best we can do, it’ll be another season of struggle 

So much hope after staying up thinking we’ll learn from last season but we haven’t with the transfers or transfer so far....baffling!

And we are barely getting any pens

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

This would be embarrassing for everybody.

For Villa, not second choice but second choice at a club

For King, that he is second choice at his club and the first choice didn’t even speak to us.

Feels like the last two at the club who haven’t hooked up with anybody else that night so get it on in final desperation.

Stop trolling.....the club know what they are doing.

How  dare you doubt their strategy 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, TRO said:

It is starting to look that way.

I would imagine they have the financial clout to resist....and waiting is not going to produce anything.

They don't want to sell by the looks of things.

It's the logic with signing Toney that suggests they expect one of Benrahma or Watkins to leave. Has to, surely. I don't think we can afford to go right to October 5th to land Watkins. If the indication they give off this week is that they aren't ready to deal, id move on. Need the new man in training during next week for the Sheffield United game.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

His record is equal to Wilson overall ,12 the season before,  8 2 seasons ago then 16 3 seasons ago

Yep very similar although Bournemouth always seem to get a decent amount of penalties and he's been their taker which accounts for a decent amount of his goals while we hardly get any penalties.

He's not as out and out as Wilson who's a last shoulder type striker while King either drifts wide or drops back to link with midfield. Not sure how he'd fit into our present system unless he just goes wide in the 4-3-3.

I do think it's important one of the strikers we sign does have experience of playing wide to give us more flexibility in attack especially as I don't think we'll get a genuine top quality wide player in now.

9 minutes ago, rayk said:

Sorry how is this Deano’s CHOICE?

Watkins is Deano’s CHOICE, so is Benrahma....so way Maupay......the club just aren’t backing him if this is true.

I think you  totally missed the point of my post.

I'm talking in particular about links to Wilson, King etc as the second (SAFE) striking option in the pursuit for "2 strikers" .

I'm not counting Watkins as he is an exciting young player and i'm pretty confident we will get him.

I think they are also looking for a "Solid" inexpensive option with knowledge of the Premier League who will average 8 - 12 goals in addition to the likes of Watkins.

My point is I would abandon that strategy, in favour of a foreign option,  at this point before going way too far down the list of "Safe" options for that position.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Oh noooo....the club know what they’re doing. Keep the faith or are you just trolling?

You are allowed to express your discontent, of course you are. I'm interested though, what in your view is the best possible outcome you could arrive at from doing so on here?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whilst I don’t really want to blow a large portion of our budget on a keeper, the Arsenal fans comments about Martinez are surprising. A lot of them don’t want him sold and want him as their no.1. 

On the face of it, I thought 15-20m on a new keeper was too much but if he’s as good as people are saying, then I’m all for it.

Id rather start the season with Samatta up front than Nyland in goal. Just. 

What I saw of Martinez, he looked a real top keeper, I’d be happy with signing him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

As someone that's looked into him extensively stats and all due to Fantasy football I can tell you he's shit. Half his season tallies are usually penalties

So are you officially panicking yet? 👍