Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I think it's completely understandable to be frustrated at the lack of movement, the lack of solid, concrete links that we are confident will be joining the club before the season starts against Sheffield United. And honestly fans may have got to the end of their tether a lot sooner than they normally would due to the current situation with the pandemic, people on the whole will have more time to scroll through forums and social media and those places are self-affirming echo chambers at the best of times. 

We have a man in Purslow who has worked at the top football clubs and high up in business generally, we have a DOF with a good track record at Kobenhavn, we have a manager who's been involved in one of the most enviable transfer set-ups in the country, especially at a lower level. We have mega-rich owners who invest in sport. We have everybody we need and more to run a successful transfer window and so I remain confident that is how this will play out.

To add, there is not one player I have seen move to a different club, in the Prem or around Europe, that I genuinely believe we were serious about signing and missed out on. I don't think anyone that has transferred so far would be on the radar of Purslow, Lange, Smith et al. Even the persistent rumours of Watkins, Rashica and Romero have ebbed and flowed through this window but those players remain at their current clubs, with nothing but speculation to suggest they will be with us, their current club, or elsewhere by the end of the window. 

It was digital detox day over the weekend and I highly recommend giving yourself a 24 hour blackout on villa news if you're getting very frustrated. Every extra hour that passes spent on here, twitter or elsewhere just adds to the frustration in all honesty. 

It’s not healthy either, I forgot to take my blood pressure tablets due to be getting stuck on the this thread last night. Problem is you just have to keep coming back and having a look. Downloaded a new book on my kindle a few days ago, not even finished the first chapter

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Villa are keen to sign two strikers this summer and pulled their bid for Wilson after the England international made it clear he was moving to Newcastle. Wilson signed a four-year deal after completing his £20m move on Monday.
Brentford's Ollie Watkins remains a priority target for Villa, with talks ongoing with the Championship club, while there is also interest in Celtic's Odsonne Edouard and Liverpool's Rhian Brewster.

King is finished methinks. Was a good player, but haven't had it in a while. No thanks. Try again. Isn't even first choice for Norway anymore. Lots of injuries as well. 

If anything and any signing would scream panic, this is it. Even more so than Wilson. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Keep working down the list. 

Its becoming very worrying. Watkins is becoming a major must have. And he could be a gamble 

I don't always agree with you.....but I do on this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

For the blind faith brethren out there.....are you really saying you are HAPPY we have only signed Matty Cash 6 weeks into the transfer window?

It’s a simple yes/no?

No

I wish we’d signed 4 or 5 quality players.

Do I think we are working extremely hard behind the scenes - Yes

Do I think I will be happy with our transfer activity when the window slams shut - Yes

Just now, PieFacE said:

Josh King would be a weird signing. Feels like we've very much got a bit of a scattergun approach at the minute. Guessing we haven't been able to land any of our priority targets. 

Yep. I think for whatever reason we have failed to attract the players we really wanted. 

We now look massively desperate. Which we are, thanks to the poor business done last summer and January. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, rayk said:

I feel sorry for Smith too. Had to endure a shocker of a season last year when he wanted Maupay and Benrahma and got neither.

I really hoped and hope this window would be different but unless we go big and sign Edouard for £35m it’s looking much of the same.

Smith thought they were too expensive.