Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

I don’t think we came into this window with the idea of signing Josh King it’s fair to say.. he must be pretty far down on the list which is concerning. 

Which is what I said when people wanted us to lose out on wilson. 

We were only ever going down the list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Josh King would be a weird signing. Feels like we've very much got a bit of a scattergun approach at the minute. Guessing we haven't been able to land any of our priority targets. 

Or maybe Percy has a scattergun approach to reporting and im guessing he doesn’t know who our priority targets are.

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s not healthy either, I forgot to take my blood pressure tablets due to be getting stuck on the this thread last night. Problem is you just have to keep coming back and having a look. Downloaded a new book on my kindle a few days ago, not even finished the first chapter

Villa fans I'm friends with away from this forum have agreed to just stopp discussing transfers and rumours until we see something concrete. It's a real time sapper and just drives you mad, we'd be updating each other on every single name mentioned almost hourly. It gets ridiculous if you're not careful. 

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Smith thought they were too expensive.

No....the CLUB did. Don’t tell me Smith preferred Kodjia or Davis to Maupay.

Or was he waiting for us to just sign Samatta in January? Lol

I assume if we sign King he'll play out wide.

His CV is Wilson lite for people who were dead against signing him. Just 6 goals last season with 3 of them being penalties and was injured for two months. 28. He'll want a 4 year deal with wages in excess of 50k a week I bet aswell.

Would be worried if we play him as main striker. I know he can play second striker but he would just get in Jack's way if we move him back centrally and we don't play two out and out strikers anyway.

Edited by VillaChris

Just now, MarkLillis said:

Or maybe Percy has a scattergun approach to reporting and im guessing he doesn’t know who our priority targets are.

If there's ever a journo who does know who we're after it's going to be Percy.

• Like 4

Just now, MarkLillis said:

He is THE most respected journo out there when it comes to transfers. No click bait so you can’t use that argument.

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think I'd question Deano for the first time if we signed King. I just can't support that. 

Josh King + Watkins/Brewster would be fine  I think for where we are currently.

Worried by all those thinking we just need one striker this summer. Hopefully DS dosen't think that.

I get that Deano is keen for English based/experienced players this summer, but the links are looking ridiculous now.

I'd rather take a punt on an option A/B tier foreign option than spend up to 20 mill on local scraps.

Although there is some slight solace that we want two strikers.

I really hope last year's experience doesn't transform Deano into a boring manager who always prefers the "safe" option out of fear though. That goes for both tactics and player choice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeah it was done pretty quickly .. we are playing bat and ball... but isnt Lange there to work day and night and draw up the best players from the market that we could go in for.. Why bring him in if we are hanging onto to dear life to sign a player like Wilson 🤷🏾‍♂️ Shouldn’t he have players off the radar that would be more viable... i could be wrong but I thought thats what he was brought in for.. we need at least 3 players before our next match so thats 2 signings by at least next week .. because i dont have much confidence in us starting the first match with only one change to our squad from last season.

But as it stands we have a £20-25 Million valued player in our academy right now Jaden Philogene-Bidace ✅

I thought Lange would have a portfolio of talent he has been studying in his previous role that we could tap in to.....surely that would have been discussed in his interviews.

what do I know?

or have we switched focus to the English Market?.... as a result of Suso's exploits.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Josh King would be a weird signing. Feels like we've very much got a bit of a scattergun approach at the minute. Guessing we haven't been able to land any of our priority targets. 

Or the press have got a scattergun approach?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

King is finished methinks. Was a good player, but haven't had it in a while. No thanks. Try again. Isn't even first choice for Norway anymore. Lots of injuries as well. 

If anything and any signing would scream panic, this is it. Even more so than Wilson. 

Wasn't he linked with a.move to manure in the last transfer window??? That would suggest he's far from finished 

Fwiw, I think the collapse of that transfer greatly affected his performances at Bournemouth afterwards though.