Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

I’m confident that Purslow, Lange and Smith know what is required and I’ll save criticism and panic for if the required players are not signed before the end of the window. 

I predicted 17th last season and can easily see us mid-table 10th-12th with only minimal reinforcements

I like your optimism, but I think we were lucky last year that Jack managed to play the full season, if he gets injured we don't have much of an attacking threat at all. We really need to have one or preferrably two top quality players to share the burden of creating chances for us. Heaton and Wesley don't seem to be back in a while. If Mings get injured or looses form we are very vulnerable at the back. If we don't get 3-4 real quality players in I think we will be in for another reglegation battle, lucky to stay up. I think neither Leeds or West Brom will be any push overs this season so can't expect any favours from them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

I wouldn’t be upset if we had to pay £50 for him as this should’ve been our #1 target from day one. 

I don’t know £50 seems a bit cheeky, but I guess if we chuck an extra £20 and send Lampard some posh chocolates that would be okay.

In all seriousness though I don’t care too much about the money, if Tammy cost £50m and we could sign him then I say do it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Are The Religion - AVFC reliable? Haven't seen the official site giving out any teasers like before Cash was unveiled. 

He knows nothing mate, like 99.9% of all ITKs. A quick look at that Twitter page shows me he's just re-tweeting all transfer news marked #avfc including the claim that we'd signed Romero last week with fee and terms all agreed, I doubt there is any insider info there at all.

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

So because Canos ( who couldn't even get into Brentfords side regularly last season ) is looking like a world beater in first round of the carabao cup ( it's effectively pre season, the pace is way off ) you think we should by him ? Jota looked like David Silva in pre season last year. Jesus wept.

Guess the sarcasm didn't come across.

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Highly unlikely mate.

We tried in January and his wages blew us away combined with the fact his heart was then set on a move to Inter Milan, which eventually also fell through.

He was what we needed then but I'm not sure he is what we are needing now.

Agreed, just tried to get a list of possible targets or suggestions together and he was one of the few I could think of from the Prem. Not really what we need or want (nowhere near my first choice) but a motivated player needing to show their worth to be selected for their national side should be an asset (and there will be younger players on lower wages available that are in the same situation).

I don’t think he’ll get much game time at Chelsea with Werner first choice and possibly Tammy the backup. Doubt he’d want to come to Villa though.

I’d rather sign younger players with huge potential but Giroud would be one of the few older ones I’d welcome with his ability and experience - he’d still be able to offer (and teach) a lot,  especially for a season, while we seem to be taking a while or maybe even struggling to bring in a long term striker.

Wouldn’t be the option I’d want us to go for unless we are really struggling.

Hoping we can bring in at least one really talented CF who has high potential and can be a reliable goalscorer for many years. Since we’ve been linked to Wilson (not a fan) even the idea of Iheanacho is more appealing now. Of the known players or existing links, I’d like Edoaurd but Watkins could be great too (especially if he’s bringing his mate Said with him!)

Worth targeting players who need game time and want to battle for a place in their national side, one of a few approaches we could/should try.

3 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Any chance any of our youngsters are stopping us making certain signings as we believe they can make and make it this season? 

If it is, we’ll be relegated. I have no doubt we have some talented youngsters but there is no way they’re good enough yet to keep us up. 

• Like 1

In no way do I think we are in crisis mode having not signed the players we would all have ideally wanted to by now.

But there are one or two areas of concern.

I mean Matty Cash at c£15m when Bogle and Lowe look like they are going for c£10m for both.

And Jamal Lewis to Newcastle for £13.5m. Proven at Champs level and Prem.....but still less than Matty Cash.

Now if we end up signing Edouard, Watkins and Benrahma this post might look a bit silly.....but if we don’t and say only end up with Watkins then people will be asking questions of what went wrong this window.

• Like 3