Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, thejoker said:

As tenuous a link as possible, but both of these accounts made reference to “Kevin” not far apart.  Tammy Abraham’s first name is Kevin...

Kevin Trapp or Kevin Strootman Are the only two I can think of without googling... 

5 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Until something else pops up.. another 5 year plan. Seen this before under Lerner etc not saying it’s the same but am wary. 

This isn’t a ‘plan’ as such, it’s just saying what we can spend within the rules.

7 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Until something else pops up.. another 5 year plan. Seen this before under Lerner etc not saying it’s the same but am wary. 

so what mcginn was told  wasnt exactly true about pushing on and spending on quality

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

As I have been saying since Purslow said that (a while ago) it is all about just staying up. Each year we do we can get 1/3 better! (Massive simplification). Until then, Burnley, Brighton etc can outspend us on wages every time.

Reminds me of the Lambert era all over again

It's gonna be very difficult to stay up and keep our best players with these restrictions

Edited by villalad21

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Assuming we were really in for Wilson I’m guessing perhaps Newcastle were prepared to pay most if not all the fee up front whereas perhaps we were looking to structure it over a longer period of time.

Just can’t work out why Newcastle’s offer would be accepted over ours unless the player has made it clear he’d only consider them over us.

To be fair, the reports I read were that we offered more than Newcastle, but the player made it clear that his favoured destination was Newcastle so we withdrew our offer.

Personally I think Bournemouth used us in the same way the Brentford are using Tottenham with Watkins, it’s all about pushing the fee up.

• Like 1

As Werder needs the €€€ and Rashica isn’t joining how about a cheeky bid for Maximilian Eggestein as CM... When I mentioned it before, our German fiends who have now deserted us weren’t too keen on the prospect. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Am assuming this is verbatim what Purslow said but it sort of makes sense why we may be recruiting a lot from the championship, though hopefully with one or two exceptions from higher up 

Listening to it, I wouldn't really read too much into it.

Basically explaining that we're going to need a few years in the Premier League whilst improving each season before we can offer the wages that teams of Chelsea, Man City & Arsenal. We're not there yet.

However I take from it that the wage ceiling can creep slightly higher each season that we are in the premier league. Hopefully, going into our 2nd season back I think we can attract a slight better calibre of player than we could 12 months ago without stretching the wage structure and keeping inline with the "Financial Farce Policy".

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, string28 said:

I can see us having to gamble again in January if we are struggling down the bottom. Feels like we might be in for another tough season. 

Agreed.

We would need major surgery to avoid another hard season.

For what it’s worth I’m sure we will make signings in the next month and those additions will help us improve on 17th place.

Always look on the bright side of life da da....da da da  UTV

10 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I didn’t make anything up. I took it from a link to a ‘Statsbomb’ article that someone mentioned in this thread a few pages back.

As it happens, I misread it, and the actual stat is that Cash completed close to 75% in the final third, whereas Guilbert completed closer to 50% of his passes in the final third.

Here

To start, that is not the stat you originally pesented, and to follow, defences in the championship are far worse than those in the PL so i am still struggling to see what leads you to believe Cash is the better player?

Whereas, i have shown that Fred in a relegated team was still one of the better fullbacks in the league that year, and even though his 'final third passes' aren't as good as someone in a lesser league, he stlll ranks in defensive stays, as one of the top 15 fullbacks in the PL.