Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

This obviously isn't ideal so far but I wouldn't say I'm worrying. It's 2 weeks until our first league game and there's still a month left of this window, I'm sure we'll be fine. 

Have to say though this whole Wilson thing has seemed very unlike Villa.

I want to have a winger as soon as possible, before our first game. Regarding the striker, I’d like us to get but I know that would be the hardest part. To be honest I didn’t think Watkins would take this long to get. But if it was the likes of Edouard then yes I could understand.

Edited by abdulaziz1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Yep, totally get that. IF we can see Watkins over the line this week and something moving on a wide forward it’ll feel a lot different. The only doubt I really have is whether Purslow is a good talker but a poor closer. We’ll see soon enough. 

But the point was “eye catching” buying Watkins May well prove good business but it’s not an eye catching signing. My point was that I don’t see us making a couple of eye catching signings.

• Like 1

Assuming we were really in for Wilson I’m guessing perhaps Newcastle were prepared to pay most if not all the fee up front whereas perhaps we were looking to structure it over a longer period of time.

Just can’t work out why Newcastle’s offer would be accepted over ours unless the player has made it clear he’d only consider them over us.

47 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Surely as a marketing aspect were better to release signings one by one for maximum coverage. Can't see us unveiling multiple signings in one day. 

Seriously - you seriously think that's a factor ? 

...that almost like the MON season we signed no one - and some on here were suggesting it was because we didn't have the new kit !!!!!!

You'd have to worry that, if Watkins was our main priority as regards strikers and we are under 2 weeks out from Sheffield  United, and still not got him in - that's a concern. Wilson going to Newcastle by all accounts. Really hope we don't end up plucking some fella we've never heard of from some nondescript club in Europe.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Assuming we were really in for Wilson I’m guessing perhaps Newcastle were prepared to pay most if not all the fee up front whereas perhaps we were looking to structure it over a longer period of time.

Just can’t work out why Newcastle’s offer would be accepted over ours unless the player has made it clear he’d only consider them over us.

Length of contract will play a big part in that move. Wilson knows he’s probably one knee injury away from being finished so if a club can offer him a 4yr deal instead of a 2/3yr deal, he’s going to jump at the chance. 

He needs one more big contract and it might be that Newcastle are willing to give him it whereas we aren’t as he will he back up to Watkins or another striker. 

• Like 1

Borja Baston is still without a club. Welcome home Borja

according to this translation we were using him wrong, the new Maradona or Henry

Borja Bastón is a right-handed striker, skilled who does well in header shots, notable in associative football and dangerous in strategy plays. Bastón scored 6 goals for Swansea in 1,267 minutes. Leganés has not been the only team that in recent days has set its eyes on Bastón, Zaragoza has also done it, where Borja Bastón was already in the 2014-15 season how much he scored 22 goals with his hands.

https://sportsfinding.com/leganes-very-interested-in-the-incorporation-of-borja-baston/58420/

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we're being a bit mindful of becoming everybody's cash cow. The world knows we've go money, the world also knows that a lot of teams haven't. There are times in this market that we might have to let a player go so that we don't end up paying a £5m "Villa premium" on every other player we want.

Sure we have money. But not in the quantities some think.

Clearly £25m for Watkins is an issue for us - where as last season £22m for Wesley wasn't....

I see the idiots from "The Mag" have swallowed all the bullshit in the media and are convinced Newcastle pulled our pants down over Wilson.

I really like Newcastle and the people up there are great but when it comes to football they turn into complete morons.

• Like 1

The whole story has surely been bullshit from the get-go, likely fabricated by Wilson's agent to force Newcastle to meet Bournemouth's asking price. Why on earth would Villa get involved in a public bidding war for Wilson and then suffer the embarrassment of having to withdraw a higher bid because the player preferred to go to Newcastle of all places (in the North-East, when he's currently living and playing on the south coast?)

The story doesn't make any sense, particularly in light of Villa not wanting to get involved in a bidding war for Watkins elsewhere.

I'd say we file this under bullshit and move on.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Isn’t Wilson a Coventry boy? If that’s correct then it’d be almost any other club before Villa.