Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Am assuming this is verbatim what Purslow said but it sort of makes sense why we may be recruiting a lot from the championship, though hopefully with one or two exceptions from higher up 

Let's hope Leeds don't sign Rodrigo De Paul then. They'll have this issue as well.

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Am assuming this is verbatim what Purslow said but it sort of makes sense why we may be recruiting a lot from the championship, though hopefully with one or two exceptions from higher up 

But if you buy average players who aren’t good enough and get replaced 6 months later then you will end up in some bother as you end up with a bomb squad you can’t get rid of.

And that’s particularly the case if you don’t bring in youth players into the squad as much as possible.

Whats ironic is that we can apparently quadruple Watkins wages and offer him £70k a week and then the next moment the club talk about FFP. I think thre are double standards sometimes.

Edited by rayk

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That's fair enough, we equally are not expecting to make 5 signings on £110k p/w either I don't think?

We know we have a rough wage cap ceiling and perhaps aimed at players within the UK demanding stupid wages which are out if our current ceiling we are working with.

Hopefully some hidden gems from Europe that don't stretch this criteria could be the best option? Just a guess.

Isn't Purslow's point about wages just that we are constantly on a reporting period of the last 3 years re FFP? He didn't say we could only buy championship, just that we are not able to pay prem wages to everybody in the squad - yet. 

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not only that, but the ONLY reason why we went for Cash is because Sheff Utd had identified him. 

Sorry but that’s horseshit mate, cash himself said that we were the only PL team in for him and as soon as he heard we were he wanted to come here.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oh because the turnover over 3 years is looked at?

So you have to try and survive on a shoestring for 3 years before you can even think about trying to compete! 

Honestly I don't know figures wise tbh. Was just being a smart arse.

FFP is about allowable losses over three years though yes. We've only got one years worth of PL income atm. And we spent it all straight away.

Such a good job we didn't go down bearing in mind how badly we spent all that money. Proper bullet dodged.

6 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Get Jacob Ramsey 40 games on loan in the Championship. If we plan on using Jack in midfield, I don't think another CM should be a priority. If we're going to use him higher up, I'd like a CM with technical ability in order to build the play. This will stop Jack having to drop deep all the time

It’s an interesting question. What is better for Ramsey.....40 games in the Championship or sitting on the bench instead of Lansbury.

I’m torn between the two tbh. I mean I’d prefer to have Ramsey on the bench over Lansbury as he has goals in his locker..... but getting another 40 games in the Champs maybe the best for his development.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

It’s an interesting question. What is better for Ramsey.....40 games in the Championship or sitting on the bench instead of Lansbury.

I’m torn between the two tbh. I mean I’d prefer to have Ramsey on the bench over Lansbury as he has goals in his locker..... but getting another 40 games in the Champs maybe the best for his development.

Definitely the former if he actually plays. The worry is he goes out on loan and sits on a championship bench instead.