Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

They are also looking to sell Draxler but can’t see that one.

I would have loved to sign Draxler in his Shalke days, sadly then and even now as much as we would look at him there is about 1% chance he would look at us.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

7 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

What makes you so sure we were CLEARLY in for him?  Frankly, I'm quite surprised at how fans fall for all the speculation on social media. A majority of it is a combination of trolls, click bait, agents using the media and journalists desperate to put out news.

It wasn't just 'speculation on social media' though, was it. We had named blue-tick journos quoting specific values of bids we had made.

Watching Brentord Wycombe. Toney looking really quite bad. Canos looking very handy however, should save ourselves 20-30m on Benrahma and just buy his replacement in Canos.

Brentford obsessions aside, I'm not at all upset about missing out on Wilson, and looks like there are some perfectly legitimate reasons why we shouldn't feel bad if he picked Newcastle over us (assuming he even did).

Back to brentford...Watkins to spurs could have been leaked by them to get us to up our offer.  No quotes or confirmation any of it actually happened so could well be the case.

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Watching Brentord Wycombe. Toney looking really quite bad. Canos looking very handy however, should save ourselves 20-30m on Benrahma and just buy his replacement in Canos.

I swear Canos has been there longer than Benrahma. Pretty sure he played against us in our first season in the championship.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Brentford obsessions aside, I'm not at all upset about missing out on Wilson, and looks like there are some perfectly legitimate reasons why we shouldn't feel bad if he picked Newcastle over us (assuming he even did).

Back to brentford...Watkins to spurs could have been leaked by them to get us to up our offer.  No quotes or confirmation any of it actually happened so could well be the case.

So because Canos ( who couldn't even get into Brentfords side regularly last season ) is looking like a world beater in first round of the carabao cup ( it's effectively pre season, the pace is way off ) you think we should by him ? Jota looked like David Silva in pre season last year. Jesus wept.

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Genuinely getting concened about the state of some VT'ers mental health with all the anguish I'm reading on here.

A lot of the things that people are getting upset about aren't fact. They are a combination of paper talk, lies, fake itk info, speculation and personal expectation of what should have happened by now.

The actual facts are that we have signed two players, lost no players and there is plenty of time left in the transfer window.

Don't get upset about things that aren't fact. Focus on the truth. It'll make your lives much less stressful

2 players?

38 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't see us paying £40m for anyone this window. I don't think our total spend will be much above that.

We went a lot higher than the other clubs would for Matty cash - it's almost as though we are wary of anything over £20m...

How are we so sure the £16M quoted is correct?  I work for a company involved in sports media rights and I can tell you that the numbers reported on media deals, even by the most reputable sources are way-off more times than not. 

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 1

With Wilson, I imagine the fact that his Bournemouth team that was ultimately relegated beat us twice so easily must have shaped his view on us and Smith.

The more worrisome thing about the Wilson deal was that we needed to wait for Newcastle to try and shake him loose first before we got involved. We’re meant to have this list of players - Smith references it frequently - but instead we look to have resorted to trying to hijack what rival clubs are doing. 

Given we reportedly have this sophisticated recruitment set up, why are we doing that? 

Edited by Pimlico_Villa

2 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

With Wilson, I imagine the fact that his Bournemouth team that was ultimately relegated beat us twice so easily must have shaped his view on us and Smith.

The more worrisome thing about the Wilson deal was that we needed to wait for Newcastle to try and shake him loose first before we got involved. We’re meant to have this list of players - Smith references it frequently - but instead we look to have resorted to trying to hijack what rival clubs are doing. 

Given we reportedly have this sophisticated recruitment set up, why are we doing that? 

all talk in every department

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I reckon reuniting with Fraser might have played a big part too. 

Not too upset on losing out on him but we really need a striker in soon. 

25 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

So because Canos ( who couldn't even get into Brentfords side regularly last season ) is looking like a world beater in first round of the carabao cup ( it's effectively pre season, the pace is way off ) you think we should by him ? Jota looked like David Silva in pre season last year. Jesus wept.

There is a very good reason for that, He missed most of last season, As he suffered a serious injury in October and never played again except for a couple of games as a sub and the end of the season, this game would have done him good today and will get him back to his usual self. 

The fact that we’ve spent 16m on a position that wasn’t necessarily a priority gives me hope we’ve got plenty of money to strengthen in the positions we actually need reinforcements. 

For me - CM, AMR, ST. 

If we get those right, we won’t go down. A couple more and I think we can fight for a 8-12th finish. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

How are we so sure the £16M quoted is correct?  I work for a company involved in sports media rights and I can tell you that the numbers reported on media deals, even by the most reputable sources are way-off more times than not. 

Yes - but we have to believe something as a guide. Otherwise we could say we got him for £4m and sold Hogan for £9m......

£16m is most widely reported figure.