Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Length of contract will play a big part in that move. Wilson knows he’s probably one knee injury away from being finished so if a club can offer him a 4yr deal instead of a 2/3yr deal, he’s going to jump at the chance. 

He needs one more big contract and it might be that Newcastle are willing to give him it whereas we aren’t as he will he back up to Watkins or another striker. 

Ah Watkins yeah. We are making great speed with that one eh.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Borja Baston is still without a club. Welcome home Borja

according to this translation we were using him wrong, the new Maradona or Henry

https://sportsfinding.com/leganes-very-interested-in-the-incorporation-of-borja-baston/58420/

The personnel might have changed with a new DOF etc but it’s scary we signed him and Drinkwater under the new owners. Granted it was a Jan window but still a scary thought. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It makes you wonder if it was a bid to make Brentford hurry up over Watson 

No sh*t Sherlock

(I apologise if this most witty pun did not quite transmit as intended). 

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Isn’t Wilson a Coventry boy? If that’s correct then it’d be almost any other club before Villa. 

That was my first thought when the story was that he preferred Newcastle, I’m not sure why you would otherwise currently. It also occurs to me that if we’re intending to play the same formation, if we signed both him and Watkins we would then have 5 players on the books to play the 1 central role and 2 to play the 2 wide roles which doesn’t really add up. If we do sign Watkins then it will look to me like the Wilson rumours could well have been bs. I think we’ll get Watkins and loan out Davies, eventually offloading either Wesley or Samatta as well.

I wouldn’t have minded Wilson but not any more than Watkins and probably not as much as Origi. I could see us getting Origi in to play left with Watkins central.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You guys are funny. 

We quite clearly were in for Wilson. He chose a different club. Shit happens

We may have been. And it does indeed happen. But where's the definitive proof we bid and it wasn't just paper talk?

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You guys are funny. 

We quite clearly were in for Wilson. He chose a different club. Shit happens

What makes you so sure we were CLEARLY in for him?  Frankly, I'm quite surprised at how fans fall for all the speculation on social media. A majority of it is a combination of trolls, click bait, agents using the media and journalists desperate to put out news.

• Like 1

PSG are hoping to sell Gueye before the transfer window ends. I know it’s not likely but I would 100% take him back. Sure he is 30 now but he was quality in my opinion. They are also looking to sell Draxler but can’t see that one. Gueye is 30 so can’t see too many big clubs in for him. 

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sure we have money. But not in the quantities some think.

Clearly £25m for Watkins is an issue for us - where as last season £22m for Wesley wasn't....

I think it's about value.

I think we'll pay £20m for a £20m player and we'll pay £40m for a £40m player - I think we won't pay £25m for a £20m player.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's about value.

I think we'll pay £20m for a £20m player and we'll pay £40m for a £40m player - I think we won't pay £25m for a £20m player.

I don't see us paying £40m for anyone this window. I don't think our total spend will be much above that.

We went a lot higher than the other clubs would for Matty cash - it's almost as though we are wary of anything over £20m...

Edited by hippo

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

PSG are hoping to sell Gueye before the transfer window ends. I know it’s not likely but I would 100% take him back. Sure he is 30 now but he was quality in my opinion. They are also looking to sell Draxler but can’t see that one. Gueye is 30 so can’t see too many big clubs in for him. 

Yeah, he’d be a decent bet to provide competition for McGinn and Luiz in midfield but I can’t honestly see anyone from that horror show of 15-16 re signing for us!