Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

33 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Any chance any of our youngsters are stopping us making certain signings as we believe they can make and make it this season? 

Maybe Ramsey in midfield, but I can’t for moment imagine we wouldn’t be looking for a striker and winger. We don’t seem to have any, anywhere near first team level

40 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Not the best of games as we were missing 5 regulars away on international duty, He wasn't great was he, early days yet, but in his defense he hadn't played for a while and didn't look match fit by our standards, We have been spoiled by Watkins, but I did see some promise there and once we have him up to our speed and fitness I'm sure he will be fine and get us a few goals.

The Watkins to Spurs is all BS, he will be Villa bound, trust me.

Don't worry this is just the Social Media Villa Transfer committee method.

Player doesn't hit the ground running or has an underwhelming performance in the particular match they watch then they are shite.

You'd be surprised at all the posts about how " overrated/shite " Brentford and players like Watkins and Benerahma were, based on the playoff final. 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Am assuming this is verbatim what Purslow said but it sort of makes sense why we may be recruiting a lot from the championship, though hopefully with one or two exceptions from higher up 

The rules don’t read like the dobbiewilliams tweet above so I’m not sure it’s correct! Seems to suggest it comes from Purslow as well but I haven’t heard him say that anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Trickster said:

Yes, yes I know Nixon isn't that reliable PL wise, he has better info on the lower leagues. He has said our top target hasn't been reported yet, and isn't yet dead. It's just speculation.

My guess is that he is hinting of Tammy, even if true it's no help to us if it's still 90% dead.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The rules don’t read like the dobbiewilliams tweet above so I’m not sure it’s correct! Seems to suggest it comes from Purslow as well but I haven’t heard him say that anywhere.

Plus anything that starts with capitals screaming at you is probably BOLLOCKS! 🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Am assuming this is verbatim what Purslow said but it sort of makes sense why we may be recruiting a lot from the championship, though hopefully with one or two exceptions from higher up 

The tweet you copied in has an audio clip at the bottom of purslow saying that. If you press the big blue "play" button 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think Sheff Utd wanted Cash but we trumped them to him, so they moved to other targets. 

Not only that, but the ONLY reason why we went for Cash is because Sheff Utd had identified him. 

15 minutes ago, Trickster said:

Yes, yes I know Nixon isn't that reliable PL wise, he has better info on the lower leagues. He has said our top target hasn't been reported yet, and isn't yet dead. It's just speculation.

I'm hoping he's refering to Cavani and by not dead what he actually means is he's just had a medical and will be revealed in the 3rd kit at 5pm today 

18 minutes ago, Trickster said:

Nixon is absolutely full of it

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Maybe Ramsey in midfield, but I can’t for moment imagine we wouldn’t be looking for a striker and winger. We don’t seem to have any, anywhere near first team level

Imo, there is absolutely no reason for Lansbury to be on the bench over Jacob Ramsey this season.

But that doesn’t mean we don’t need, or might want, another DCM.

ST, winger, CB and GK will all need to be brought in from outside.